Default Anyone been in the Rance recently?

Have been following 'Rance Environnement' on Facebook and things look dire. Wanted to visit PlouŽr-Sur-Rance this year, is it still possible? Rance totally silted / effed up, courtesy EDF.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by harry potter; 22-04-19 at 09:56. Reason: Pikkies
    Ships that pass in the night so*on*the*ocean*of*life*we*pass*

Default Re: Anyone been in the Rance recently?

Remember, this could be a tidal lagoon near you.

Potentially misleading photos.

It has always dried like that south of Pont Canada but with a potential tidal height of 13 metres itís never been a problem .

We stopped going as the ambiance totally changed due to certain people flocking south for the summer.

Donít DARE take Sallyís washing out of the machine even though itís finished

Quote Originally Posted by XDC View Post
    Potentially misleading photos.

It has always dried like that south of Pont Canada but with a potential tidal height of 13 metres it’s never been a problem .

We stopped going as the ambiance totally changed due to certain people flocking south for the summer.

Don’t DARE take Sally’s washing out of the machine even though it’s finished
    'Always' is a relative term. I was thinking of Captain Haddock days, who, I seem to remember, did not place much store on washing machines.

18 boats from St Helier Yacht Club went up the Rance to Plouet and Dinan this last weekend..I wasn't able to join them but I gather they had a great time. I spoke to one of them last night and he didn't mention any issues at all

Quote Originally Posted by Bathdave View Post
    18 boats from St Helier Yacht Club went up the Rance to Plouet and Dinan this last weekend..I wasn't able to join them but I gather they had a great time. I spoke to one of them last night and he didn't mention any issues at all
    Many thanks - haven't been for a few years, so glad nothing has changed. Better book this time, it would seem.