Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Besenzoni IR remote - how to replicate

With plenty of apps capable of replicating IR remotes, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be possible to use a smartphone also for the Besenzoni passerelle, hence getting rid of the Besenzoni brick.
    Which ain't that terrible tbh, but I'd rather not have to carry it around constantly, if possible.

Now, there is an app which was developed by an IT company jointly with Besenzoni (this is the Android version, if anyone's interested), but it works on Bluetooth, hence requiring the installation of a BT receiver module ("BUC", as Besenzoni call it).
    Otoh, aside from the cost of this thingie (which is likely to be silly, though I have no clue about it), actually I don't mind having to point the IR remote to the receiver on the stern, and all I would like to do is getting rid of the remote.

So, since my smartphone has an IR transmitter (it works just perfectly as a replacement of Samsung TV remotes, for instance), an app capable of learning and replicate the IR codes of the original remote should be fine, I suppose - but I couldn't find any.
    It can't be rocket science I guess, though my smartphone can only transmit and not receive IR, so the app should be able to learn the codes through some other device. For instance, at home I have a Logitech universal remote that does just that.

Anyway, technicalities aside, has anyone tried to do the same, and possibly found a solution?
    TIA!

Default Re: Besenzoni IR remote - how to replicate

can your logitech remote learn the codes ?
    that would at least prove the concept works, who knows what the Besenzoni brick uses .....

That's a good question, but I'm unable to answer atm, 'cause the Logitech thing is at home, and I won't be back for a while.
    Anyhow, even assuming it does, I can't think of a way to transfer the learned codes from it to an Android device.
    An app of some sort (or the capacity to develop one) is necessary anyhow, I suppose.

I priced the Besenzoni BT thingy last year and it was around €600 - I passed.

Urgh, I can see why.
    Besides, it would be nice to do practically the same thing not only without being ripped off, but also without adding yet another bit of kit.
    On boats, the only things that don't break are the ones you don't have....

its £410 now and i am thinking of ordering it.

The genuine remote that i have keeps losing its setting so I need a Besen agent to reset it and that costs so just as well get the remote and then I can move it to another boat in future if needed.

If anyone has done this upgrade be interested to hear how it is working?

Quote Originally Posted by Truro Ex Pat View Post
    The genuine remote that i have keeps losing its setting
    The IR remote? That's weird.
    I suspect it's actually the receiving box driving the hydraulics, that keeps "forgetting" the remote.
    In fact, I half recall to have read somewhere that if you buy a new IR remote, there's a sequence of buttons to press on the receiver circuit, to confirm that the new remote is "authorized".
    The logic being, I suppose, that if all IR remotes would transmit the same IR codes, they would work with all boats.
    Anyhow, if it's the receiver (or its battery) that is defective, I'm afraid you might end with the same problem also adding the BT unit, which as I understand goes "on top" of the existing receiver, so to speak - it doesn't replace it.
    Not that I wish you that, mind!

I bought a spare from theses guys https://www.remotecontrol-express.co...f_nb_buttons=4

It’s a Cardin 4 button .
    There’s dip switches inside to unique the code and sync with the mother station be it your house gates or boat pass .
    Why doesn’t the Bessenzoni pass work with theses too ?
    I thought all remotes worked the same .

Nope, they don't.
    Besenzoni used to have radio remote in the past, but since many years ago (IIRC, 20+) they changed to infrared.
    Apples and oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    Nope, they don't.
    Besenzoni used to have radio remote in the past, but since many years ago (IIRC, 20+) they changed to infrared.
    Apples and oranges.
    Tnx , every days a school day here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast