Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Is your older raymaine gps still working ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nauti Fox View Post
    Mine has never had nmea fitted, it runs on seatalk (the Raystar was a Seatalk version) and HSB.
    The new GPS is nmea and is connected to a Seatalk converter so I could simply cut and connect as it's a tortuous run to fit new cable but it may be worth a try of just temporarily running a nmea feed to the upper helm RL80C and see if it connects with the system?

Thanks Iím going to order the battery tomorrow , Ive no problem about cutting the wire as it was already cut and joined with block connector Iíve brought the lower gps home so when Iíve put batter in I will see if it works and yes mine is sea talk connected

Quote Originally Posted by Fusebox View Post
    We experienced the same problem our Raymarine C120 (with a RS-120 GPS, but not sure) which reported us to be somewhere in Oceania... seemed to be 180 degrees displaced.

I tried replacing battery in our GPS as many others had done, but it did not get any better. Replaced with a new Garmin 19x with NMEA0183 communication (comes in two variants, NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000).
    Installed by cutting the cable for the original Raymarine GPS and used some of the wires to connect, instead of threading a new cable. Only problem was finding a plug for the NMEA 0183 input of the C120, gave that up, and plugged individual pins into the connector and sealed with glue-gun.

Works fine.
    I would hope Raymarine were so mortified that had sold a positioning product that told you that you were in the wrong place they would have supplied it FOC. wishful thinking I appreciate.

Just heard from Digital Yacht, they have found the problem and are now updating the firmware on all the converters
    I could either send it back or use a setting on the GPS which will eliminate the E/W problem, which I'll try first.
    Must, say, they've been very honest and good communicators.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123