Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yacht Insurance

Default Re: Yacht Insurance

I imagine your house is extremely unlikely to sink or to crash into another

Default Re: Yacht Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    Why is the insurance on my boat much the same premium as my house, when the latter 'total loss value' is about 80-100 times higher?
    I need to find myself a tame actuary....
    very true, albeit one thing to not forget is that minimum premiums come into play. A proportion of the premium must be allocated for sustaining the operations of the insurer (processing premiums, sending out quotes, binding policies, renewals, claims handling, marketng, etc.). If your yacht had the same premium as a % as your house, what will they be able to achieve with such a small contribution to the bigger pool. One thing that does seem to work, is finding an insurer who can send you a quote automatically. If you can take out a policy without speaking to anyone, then chances are it will be cheaper. Have you considered getting some quotes from *********************.com? they aren't an insurer or broker, but they are just a free online service where you fill in one quote request form, and you get a multitude of quotes. No one will bother you with follow ups and you can pick whichever one suits you the most.... Sounds familiar right? nearly like buying house insurance @zoidberg !
    ~ Better a bad day on the water than a good day in the office ~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12