Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pershing

Default Re: Pershing

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    no orifices
    Aha, yeah, those which looked like outlets are just the pipes connectors.
    My bet would definitely be on fridge(s) coolers, in this case.

Talking of things of beauty, There's a couple of big Sunseekers parked up at the back of the marina. A 120ft Yacht (SPECTRE) and an 80ft Predator (SPECTRE 2). I se the former is being flogged for £11m.

Has to be said, they're an acquired taste .

Quote Originally Posted by Portofino View Post
    Thinking aloud as I have never seen them before either .

I’d say they the bow fwd orifice s are water outs .
    Poss ones the engine fart pipe , to keep back pressure when ticking over within tolerances there will be huge UW exhausts which are out of line of sight .
    One could be a geny out .

Was there one on the other side Pete ?
    If not then they both are geny or aircon outs .

The pipes embedded in the hull I think are to basic heat exchangers.
    For cooling seems odd to put them in the stream ( when the boats in the dock mist likely when the A C is on ) of the hot water outs .
    Med sea temps in the summer when you use the AC or worse still the Caribbean are upwards of 26 degrees in the high season .
    So effectively they could be actually positioned to bring heat in , iam linking the hot water out proximity.
    So if they are AC related I think they may see more with the reverse heating side of the system , not cabin cooling.

Alternatively guessing still fuel coolers or ER coolers related .
    Paps there’s serious real drop in Hp issues at the top end with hot air in the ER on one hand and hot fuel on the other and the engineers are squeezing every last horse out , they need them .

Best guess from me .ER air heat exchanger related , hence 26 degree seawater works .
    Wow you write some long winded stuff. Fuel coolers? Gimme a break!
    1, there are no orifices in Pete's picture, so WTF. And 2, these are fridge/freezer coolers- loads of boats have them for the galley fridges especially Italian boats.

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    Wow you write some long winded stuff. Fuel coolers? Gimme a break!
    1, there are no orifices in Pete's picture, so WTF. And 2, these are fridge/freezer coolers- loads of boats have them for the galley fridges especially Italian boats.
    Drop fed info, had we been advised they were not orifices then my entertainment would have briefer .
    All part of the entertainment when retired

What modal of boat fridge / freezer are you thinking ,is there a link we can see ?

Quote Originally Posted by Portofino View Post
    What modal of boat fridge / freezer are you thinking ,is there a link we can see ?
    Have a look at this webpage, scrolling down to "outboard condenser", which btw looks exactly the same thing fitted in that Pershing.
    I didn't think to check in advance, but in hindsight it wasn't hard to guess that Ferretti fit Frigonautica stuff.
    Btw, at the top of the page you might also like the photo of the very clean e/r with MAN engines, albeit different than yours...

Answering my own Q here http://www.veco.net/images/veco_tabe...%20coolers.pdf

Remember the external water temp is high in peak summer months when a lot of Italian boats are used .
    However if it reduces the air temp - heat given off as the fridge / freezer by product especially if they a very big units then maybe , just maybe it’s a good idea .I wonder how easy it is the replace / repair those units ,ie limited choice / compatibility with ‘boxes “ on offer to retro fit or the cooler unit itself ??

Looks like I have one too - it's about a metre long

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Looks like I have one too - it's about a metre long

Blue Angel used to have 2 of these, for 2 fridges

I have 3 fridges & freezer and have 2 compressors in the engine room - not sure which one does what - both are Frigomar

Sell a lot of Pershing's. Have been my best selling brokerage make since 2005, followed by Cranchi.

For the most part I always have clean surveys with Pershings. Considering they are fast boats that's a positive.
    Dark colors need constant care and attention, and then it also depends the quality and type of respray they use.
    I always suggest Dupont, much better then Awlgrip even for repairs.

Personally I would never want a dark boat and metallic colored, this last very difficult to repair even after a season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast