Default beware dumbo about.

Dumbo award gained again today. Ithought I'd run the engines up but threy were dead as my brain cells. no sign of trying to stsrt, even turn over. Assumed dead batteries but monitor said not. local marina engineer in full manana mode so called Seastart even though still in our berth(they do coverthat), talked to seastart engineer by phone and something he said about gears in neutral made me think. We have electronic controls at FB and lower helm not KISS manual stuff, both sets of engine keys have to be 'on' for FB panel to work (they were) but also one of two throttle controls has to be selected for use (neither was!), Worra berk!

So not the sun that caused the red face today
    Sermons from my pulpit are with tongue firmly in cheek and without any warranty!

Default Re: beware dumbo about.

Good result. We all panic and expect the worst with these things. I have sat at the helm keying on, wondering why no response. Have failed to switch on the breakers. Numpty!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rafiki_ View Post
    Good result. We all panic and expect the worst with these things. I have sat at the helm keying on, wondering why no response. Have failed to switch on the breakers. Numpty!!!
    Agreed I was half expecting to spend another 1000 or so beer tokens. Only renewed our Seastart membership yesterday too.
    Sermons from my pulpit are with tongue firmly in cheek and without any warranty!

I always test the steering and thrusters before leaving berth.

No steering. Shut down. Check fluids. Etc. Try again. Same. Call engineer for inspiration. No idea unless the auto helm is on. Oh. The cover was on and the engage button must have been depressed whilst I removed the helm cover. Took 40 minutes to find that.

The other was when the water maker engineer depressed the stop button ( how he got in the space was a mystery to me !). For info d12 stop bottons need positively pulling up - there is no visual indication they have been pressed.