Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jabsco Twist n' Lock manual toilet inlet / outlet pipes

I'm having a brain freeze which gets more and more common as I get older. In the Jabsco Twist n' Lock manual toilet, there are three pipes attached to the toilet- one at the bottom for the waste going out, one, presumably the very top one, bringing water in, and a third, also at the top below the one I'm assuming brings water in, whose function I can't currently fathom. Is it that it lets water out when you don't need it? If so, when, dry bowl operation? Jabsco have a video showing (sort of) how the heads work, but doesn't explain the function of top two pipes.
    Thanks in advance
    Philip

Default Re: Jabsco Twist n' Lock manual toilet inlet / outlet pipes

There is one outlet pipe coming from the bottom of the pump (its the biggest one).
    There is one inlet pipe connected to the top of the pump (commonly drawing seawater in to flush the toilet)
    There is a short pipe between the pump and the top of the bowl which delivers the flush water from the pump to the bowl.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle View Post
    There is a short pipe between the pump and the top of the bowl which delivers the flush water from the pump to the bowl.
    Exactly so, Pinnacle. And it's in this third one that any inlet-side vented loop is fitted, should it be required. (The longer hose needed is not supplied with the loo.)
    Last edited by macd; 03-05-19 at 13:12.
    All epigrams are false

Quote Originally Posted by srah1953 View Post
    I'm having a brain freeze which gets more and more common as I get older. In the Jabsco Twist n' Lock manual toilet, there are three pipes attached to the toilet- one at the bottom for the waste going out, one, presumably the very top one, bringing water in, and a third, also at the top below the one I'm assuming brings water in, whose function I can't currently fathom. Is it that it lets water out when you don't need it? If so, when, dry bowl operation? Jabsco have a video showing (sort of) how the heads work, but doesn't explain the function of top two pipes.
    Thanks in advance
    Philip
    Here are the installation instructions

https://www.jamestowndistributors.co...t.do?docId=768

Thank you all. Everything is simple when you open your eyes properly!

As a matter of interest, how many people actually fit vented loops? None have been fitted (as original equipment or after) to any of our 4 boats, all with heads below waterline, 1 x lavac, 3 x Jabsco, never any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham376 View Post
    As a matter of interest, how many people actually fit vented loops? None have been fitted (as original equipment or after) to any of our 4 boats, all with heads below waterline, 1 x lavac, 3 x Jabsco, never any problems.
    I fitted vented loops on my last boat, I have them ready to fit on my present one, but am wondering if they really are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Praxinoscope View Post
    I fitted vented loops on my last boat, I have them ready to fit on my present one, but am wondering if they really are needed.
    Without vented loops, if the valves in the toilet start to leak it is possible for water to syphon in to the boat. Obviously, this depends on the position of the toilet relative to the waterline (and indeed the heeled waterline).

Has anyone else had an issue with visitors turning the screw n lock and loosening the top of the pump barrel ?
    Do everyone a favour - Smile !

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    Has anyone else had an issue with visitors turning the screw n lock and loosening the top of the pump barrel ?
    Letting visitors use a marine toilet is always a recipe for disaster!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast