Default TAMD 73P EDC- why is there always something?

Hi everyone

Engines are running well. So why the post...

Today, I could only start the port engine from the fly bridge. No neutral light at the lower helm, although the starboard is unaffected. No error codes (1:1).

Starts fine from the bridge. No starting of port engine nor engine control from the lower helm.

Do we think a faulty throttle unit? I have been messing about in the area beneath it (fitting electronics) but I can't see any connections that I would have knocked off - they all seem tight. Anything else I could do or check?

In other news - I have a leak from somewhere up towards the turbo on the port engine (although it has had a new oil hose in the not too distant past). Why are these things always in the most inaccessible places?

Thank you.

Default Re: TAMD 73P EDC- why is there always something?

Quote Originally Posted by Solent Sailor View Post
    Hi everyone

Today, I could only start the port engine from the fly bridge. No neutral light at the lower helm, although the starboard is unaffected. No error codes (1:1).

Starts fine from the bridge. No starting of port engine nor engine control from the lower helm.

Do we think a faulty throttle unit? I have been messing about in the area beneath it (fitting electronics) but I can't see any connections that I would have knocked off - they all seem tight. Anything else I could do or check?

In other news - I have a leak from somewhere up towards the turbo on the port engine (although it has had a new oil hose in the not too distant past). Why are these things always in the most inaccessible places?

Thank you.
    Is the start operation on fly by key or button ?

Sounds like a loom issue.

It's keys at the lower helm and buttons on the upper.

Quote Originally Posted by Solent Sailor View Post
    Hi everyone

Thank you.
    Do a lever calibration

Replace the bulb in the neutral light. On our targa 43 with 73s the filament of the bulb is effectively the earth for the relay it took me a while to suss out but replacing the bulb cured the staring problem

Lovely weekend on the water, but still the same problem (although I've sorted the oil leak (I think)!)

A lever calibration does solve the problem. Temporarily. Immediately after calibration, the engine will start, but if I switch off, then it seems to have lost its memory of the calibration and we're back to square one. Calibrate again, and it starts again....

The neutral light comes on during/after calibration - so I can't see that the bulb could be the source of the problem - surely it wouldn't light at all if it was iffy?