Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    South Oxfordshire, Gosport and Wellington New Zealand.

Default Re: Studland MCZ decision coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingGoose View Post
    What is a moomba were is Studland Bay and why are you all getting worked up about it.
    Rotax you should only acuse if you have facts others wise it seems strange that you like to wade in with nothing constructive to say,
    If name calling gets your generation upset them it shows the level of a person you are,
    If old harry wants to post his thoughs on this forum he has to respect other peoples opinion on it, and be challenged on these opinions and like anyone, be respectful in returning those comments , in which he has , what seems to be your issue.!!!
    Mr Paxman has done wonders for conservation through the UK and if there is a local issue in Studland bay then it is for Studland bay and the local community to sort out , not a witch hunt against a man who merly made some silly comments.
    Life is far to short to be accsuisng people , name calling them or trying to destroy their career because you just dont like what they said , this country is born on free Speech.
    I am Dyslexic I have spelling issues would you like me to aplogise to you Rotrax
    No, and I thought my post was sympathetic to your problem.

If you did not previously post here as moomba, apologies.

He suffered similar communication problems.

As I said, you views are equally valid however you manage to exress them.

No name calling meant or implied.

No apology required.

Who is Mr Paxman?

Perhaps you mean Packham.

That well known disgrace to conservation, a view shared by many, and the numbers are increasing daily.

Quote Originally Posted by rotrax View Post
    No, and I thought my post was sympathetic to your problem.

If you did not previously post here as moomba, apologies.

He suffered similar communication problems.

As I said, you views are equally valid however you manage to exress them.

No name calling meant or implied.

No apology required.

Who is Mr Paxman?

Perhaps you mean Packham.

That well known disgrace to conservation, a view shared by many, and the numbers are increasing daily.
    I would forcefully contend that Moomba/Goose's opinion is by no means equally valid and that the contention that all options are equally valid is fatuous nonsense. This was well summed up by Prof Brian Cox.

“The problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it.

The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!”

and Douglas Adams

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."

I'm not so sure about Brian ' poser nice boy ' Cox, - after all he says he admires ' Space 1999 ' - while I love most of Gerry Andersons' creations I'm not too sure about the laws of physics re this series

Dumping lots of nuclear waste on the moon, what could possibly go wrong ?

Dunno about the Eagle transporter keeping up as the moon heads for somewhere nicer, Itchenor maybe...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBtLqR5Lo7M

-full episode...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6BXaGEuqxo

But I'd NEVER argue with Douglas Adams !
    Last edited by Seajet; 04-05-19 at 16:47.
    Anderson 22 Owners Association - For info please ask here or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Seajet View Post

But I'd NEVER argue with Douglas Adams !

Quite right-he hit my buttons every time.

I-and my eldest son-both really like the bit when the Philosophers are on strike and waving signs stating:-

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty"

Bit like Brexit really.

OOPS! Wrong forum.............................

Quote Originally Posted by Elecglitch View Post
    I would forcefully contend that Moomba/Goose's opinion is by no means equally valid and that the contention that all options are equally valid is fatuous nonsense. This was well summed up by Prof Brian Cox.

“The problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it.

The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!”

and Douglas Adams

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."
    A lot of sound common sense there.

I stand corrected, and humbled.

Quote Originally Posted by rotrax View Post
    A lot of sound common sense there.

I stand corrected, and humbled.
    The answer, of course, is 42.
    Last edited by Elecglitch; 04-05-19 at 20:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Elecglitch View Post

and Douglas Adams

All opinions are equal. Not all opinions are correct, which is a very different thing. In same places and times, it's inappropriate to express and opinion but I would struggle to see an Internet forum as one of them. The trouble with with making fun of the demonstrably nonsense opinions is that they may be yours.

If something is "well supported in logic" then it is not an opinion, it is a logical argument.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy_o_g View Post
    All opinions are equal. Not all opinions are correct, which is a very different thing. In same places and times, it's inappropriate to express and opinion but I would struggle to see an Internet forum as one of them. The trouble with with making fun of the demonstrably nonsense opinions is that they may be yours.

If something is "well supported in logic" then it is not an opinion, it is a logical argument.
    An opinion usually comes about through a logical process; a belief is less supported by logic.
    Last edited by GrahamD; 07-05-19 at 08:50.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingGoose View Post
    If old harry wants to post his thoughs on this forum he has to respect other peoples opinion on it, and be challenged on these opinions and like anyone, be respectful in returning those comments , in which he has , what seems to be your issue.!!!

Life is far to short to be accsuisng people , name calling them or trying to destroy their career because you just dont like what they said , this country is born on free Speech.
    We can all hold and express opinions. That is what free speech is about. But I in no way have to have respect for those opinions. Respect is earned, it does not come as a right.

Some of the opinions being claimed as 'fact' in the Studland Bay debate do not deserve respect. And respect for those who express these views is not on the agenda either, for very good reasons! Bully boy tactics from day one by some conservation parties have left respect way behind, though they still try to demand it in the name of their pet causes.
    Is Conservation for wildlife or conservationists?
    http://boatownersresponse.org.uk

+1 for Old Harry,

if people knew the ' Bully Boy ' tactics he's referring to - including severe violence and threatening messages to women residents of Studland, police involved - you might be horrified.
    Anderson 22 Owners Association - For info please ask here or PM me.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast