Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 67
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    The Known Universe
    Posts
    597

    Default Re: Studland MCZ decision coming soon

    Sorry Ive been away sailing for the Weekend
    Rotrax no Problems, I can get easily confused especially on a Friday night , always been warned to keep away on a Friday
    In regards to opinions on an internet forum , if we can put it into context , it is a forum which allows people to challenge or praise or just plain ignore what is on it , if we all decided not to discuss then there is no scope for evolution.
    I have no knowledge of Studland Bay or the issues arising from it , and I have clearly stated that the comments Mr P said were silly
    My point from an Environmental aspect and if you want to see more of my posts then I do post regularly on the Lounge in the Environmental section
    So my point was the language used by Old Harry in regards to Mr P in that the countryside alliance were trying to get him out of the BBC
    this sounds like a witch hunt and potentially libel as in what way are they going about this , using their political might or their influences , this seems drastic and potentially illegal
    Mr P in my opinion and I have followed him for may years and I think what he has done for conservation is massive, clearly there is a local issue with Studland , but is this a good reason to try and destroy someone's career and all the good work he has done through the World.
    I would also like to comment on the Death threats he and his family has received , and the Dead crows that have been nailed outside his house , not to mention the large wooden penis delivered to his house in which he sold on e bay for 2000 and donated to the RSPB ironic isn't it.
    Also remember that he has Asperger's Syndrome and fights this on a daily basis as a Father with a daughter with this condition , I can imagine his battle
    Do not tarnish a good reputation because some ones said something silly this shows that Great Britain still has this two tier system of us and them .
    Last edited by FlyingGoose; 07-05-19 at 13:11.
    Flying birds have no master

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    West Sussex / Hants
    Posts
    28,120

    Default Re: Studland MCZ decision coming soon

    Packham and the BBC allowed themselves to be taken in by the ' Seahorse Trust ' - all one of him who takes public donations to further a lifestyle living on what happens to be the nicest sandy beach in England!

    They went for what appeared the ' cuddly fluffy angle ' instead of researching the situation first.

    As you say you know nothing about Studland.

    Packham and the BBC called sailors ' gin swilling wreckers of the environment ' while nothing could be further from the truth.

    I am one of many who complained to the BBC only to get a standard computerised response - and would like to see him and the unprofessional insulting people who also failed to research this subject apologise with an intelligently clued up programme based on the real facts - or be sacked for being inaccurate sensationalists.
    Last edited by Seajet; 07-05-19 at 13:35.
    Anderson 22 Owners Association - For info please ask here or PM me.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,551

    Default Re: Studland MCZ decision coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by oldharry View Post
    We can all hold and express opinions. That is what free speech is about. But I in no way have to have respect for those opinions. Respect is earned, it does not come as a right.

    Some of the opinions being claimed as 'fact' in the Studland Bay debate do not deserve respect. And respect for those who express these views is not on the agenda either, for very good reasons! Bully boy tactics from day one by some conservation parties have left respect way behind, though they still try to demand it in the name of their pet causes.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    4,774

    Default Re: Studland MCZ decision coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by oldharry View Post
    In the meantime, the Countryside Alliance backed by a number of other groups have been trying to topple Chris Packham from his perch at the BBC.
    Is it also the port-swilling barbour-clad bloodsports yahoos who've been hanging dead crows on his door?

    I'm unaware of Mr. Packham as I'm not a telly watcher. Having done my own research I don't have any sympathy for Mr. Garrick-Maidment and whilst being exactly the type of "tree-hugger" who tends to get derided in these threads I believe his arguments to be bogus.

    Whatever your personal sympathies, if you want broad support and for people to focus purely on the scientific merits of NGM's arguments rather than making this a tribal issue, can we leave the bloodsports lobby out of this discussion?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    The Known Universe
    Posts
    597

    Default Re: Studland MCZ decision coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by Seajet View Post
    Packham and the BBC allowed themselves to be taken in by the ' Seahorse Trust ' - all one of him who takes public donations to further a lifestyle living on what happens to be the nicest sandy beach in England!

    They went for what appeared the ' cuddly fluffy angle ' instead of researching the situation first.

    As you say you know nothing about Studland.

    Packham and the BBC called sailors ' gin swilling wreckers of the environment ' while nothing could be further from the truth.

    I am one of many who complained to the BBC only to get a standard computerised response - and would like to see him and the unprofessional insulting people who also failed to research this subject apologise with an intelligently clued up programme based on the real facts - or be sacked for being inaccurate sensationalists.
    In reality, we as sailors do contribute a little to polluting our planet , with our diesel engines , anti foul paint anchor dropping , carrying on more plastic as we shop to go essentially camping, also the usage of Natural Gas for our stoves.
    I am one of these people as well, I m not trying to start an argument, but if we can find alternatives to help save the planet and still enjoy it we should look at these options.
    I sure the BBC has offended more than sailors, I remember writing to then about a chicken getting its neck twisted by one of these would be explorers just because the natives do it , got an arsey response to
    When Mr P did his show he was always going to come down on the side of the conservationist as he is one as well ,be it truthful or not the argument would needed to be proved I imagine , and what I have quickly read up on this seems to be a minefield in which I'm not willing to discuss eek!!
    My first post was also a response to I think you will need all the support you can get . was in essence more to do with the upsurge in climate awareness for Extinction Rebellion and the way of thinking of those that make these decisions.
    Who knows but I always believe a balance is needed with Humanity and wildlife living as close to harmony as possible , which as always costs money.

    I am a conservationist as well but in life we do not have to agree with them all, some are raving Lunatics

    As I said before and I genuinely mean this good luck in your fight as it seems poor research has been done to validate their claim
    Flying birds have no master

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.
    Posts
    5,018

    Default Re: Studland MCZ decision coming soon

    Point of order. The Countryside Alliance isn’t the bloodsports people: that’s the British Association of Conservation and Sport. The Alliance is a broader based bunch which promotes evidence based conservation measures balanced by the needs of farmers and landowners. Unlike the somewhat biased Mr Packham, they argue for firm evidence being in place before measures are taken to control activities in the countryside.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SW Scotland
    Posts
    18,883

    Default Re: Studland MCZ decision coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by duncan99210 View Post
    Point of order. The Countryside Alliance isn’t the bloodsports people: that’s the British Association of Conservation and Sport. The Alliance is a broader based bunch which promotes evidence based conservation measures balanced by the needs of farmers and landowners. Unlike the somewhat biased Mr Packham, they argue for firm evidence being in place before measures are taken to control activities in the countryside.
    I went to the Countryside Alliance stand at the Glendale Show in Wooler a good few years back, and was intrigued to find posters advocating twenty three different ways of killing things. I didn;t even know there were that many types of killable animal.
    "Seamen are always wanting to do things the proper way; and I like to do them my way."

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    North from the Nab about 10 miles
    Posts
    8,744

    Default Re: Studland MCZ decision coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by JumbleDuck View Post
    I went to the Countryside Alliance stand at the Glendale Show in Wooler a good few years back, and was intrigued to find posters advocating twenty three different ways of killing things. I didn;t even know there were that many types of killable animal.
    There's a good few less killable animals now as a direct result of Packhams campaigning. The CA and many others claim that not controlling numbers is bad for both agriculture and wildlife because of the damage they do if numbers are uncontrolled. It will be interesting to see whether Red Kites and Beavers, which were culled to extinction for the damage they did in UK become the nuisance they were once perceived to be.
    Is Conservation for wildlife or conservationists?
    http://boatownersresponse.org.uk

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    West Sussex / Hants
    Posts
    28,120

    Default Re: Studland MCZ decision coming soon

    Badgers, Squirrels, Foxes, Beavers, Deer, Dog Walkers, Hippies; seems anything which stands still for more than a few seconds is deemed a valid target.

    There's a huge difference between genuine conservationists and those trying to make a tv and/ or living on a beach career out of it...
    Anderson 22 Owners Association - For info please ask here or PM me.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SW Scotland
    Posts
    18,883

    Default Re: Studland MCZ decision coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by oldharry View Post
    There's a good few less killable animals now as a direct result of Packhams campaigning. The CA and many others claim that not controlling numbers is bad for both agriculture and wildlife because of the damage they do if numbers are uncontrolled. It will be interesting to see whether Red Kites and Beavers, which were culled to extinction for the damage they did in UK become the nuisance they were once perceived to be.
    Lots of red kites in my neck of the woods, thanks to the Loch Ken reintroduction scheme. Local gamekepers have already started poisoning them - two found dead near my village alone.
    "Seamen are always wanting to do things the proper way; and I like to do them my way."

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to