Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Belgium Again!

Default Belgium Again!

A yachtsman has just ben fined €500 for having tax paid red diesel in his tanks. I don't know where this has happened but the boat concerned bought fuel in Dover and paid tax on 100% of the fuel but was still fined. Probably better to give Belgium a miss again if you have any red in your tanks.

Default Re: Belgium Again!

Where does this report come from? Were there no other UK boats with red diesel? When these reports were made in previous years they were anonymous like this one. Why has their policy changed from last year without a formal announcement?
    Not all who wander are lost

It is on another forum.

Do you have a link

North Wales, sailing Aegean Sea or Menai Strait

Quote Originally Posted by Old Harry View Post
    Do you have a link
    The report is on one of the Cruising Association's forums. Although reports such as this are often false there is no doubt that this one is true.
    Answers to some technical queries at new website http://coxeng.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by vyv_cox View Post
    The report is on one of the Cruising Association's forums. Although reports such as this are often false there is no doubt that this one is true.
    Seems a bit odd in light of the recent and specific assurances given by the Belgian ambassador. Do you know the circumstances of the case, such as for example whether said yacht had lost the receipt or something?

Either way, thanks for clarification; Belgium will revert to having an X through it until this latest twist is cleared up.
    Last edited by dom; 04-05-19 at 09:14.

I used to go to Belgium every year but haven't been for the last 5 or 6 due to this problem. This latest report will ensure it stays on the ignore list for the foreseeable future. I go to France instead.
    If found in the Brexit forum, please return to the real world.

Ye gods not again. What is the matter with these people? Don't they realise the damage they are doing to their local trade?
    Bloomin annoying. Hoping to go to Holland this year and part of the fun used to be a night or two in Oostende or Blankenberg on the way. A hop from Dunkerque to Cadzand now, I guess, and hope the Belgians don't start jumping on people offshore.
    Keep up to date with 'East Coast Pilot' at www.eastcoastpilot.com

Quote Originally Posted by CLB View Post
    I used to go to Belgium every year but haven't been for the last 5 or 6 due to this problem. This latest report will ensure it stays on the ignore list for the foreseeable future. I go to France instead.
    Ditto. Till this came up we were considering doing parts of Belgium we have never done. Will go Netherlands instead again - much more welcoming nation.

North Wales, sailing Aegean Sea or Menai Strait

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    Seems a bit odd in light of the recent and specific assurances given by the Belgian ambassador. Do you know the circumstances of the case, such as for example whether said yacht had lost the receipt or something?
    All I know is that the owner bought fuel in Dover at full price and had the receipt. CA's man is taking it up as assurances have been made specifically to CA that red diesel would be accepted.
    Answers to some technical queries at new website http://coxeng.co.uk

Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast