Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Belgium Again!

Default Re: Belgium Again!

Quote Originally Posted by vyv_cox View Post
    All I know is that the owner bought fuel in Dover at full price and had the receipt. CA's man is taking it up as assurances have been made specifically to CA that red diesel would be accepted.
    Assurances were given that a blind eye would be turned pending a final EU court ruling.
    That ruling has now been made and the UK was held to be in the wrong.

Like it or not, but whilst we are still EU members we have to abide by EU law.
    If another EU country now actively enforces EU law, what the **** is the ****ing problem?

And as has been stated many times before, it was never about whether 60/40 or 100% tax, it was about the COLOUR of our diesel.
    My Karma ran over your Dogma.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Tin View Post
    Assurances were given that a blind eye would be turned pending a final EU court ruling.

If another EU country now actively enforces EU law, what the **** is the ****ing problem?

And as has been stated many times before, it was never about whether 60/40 or 100% tax, it was about the COLOUR of our diesel.
    https://www.rya.org.uk/newsevents/ne...ed-diesel.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by vyv_cox View Post
    All I know is that the owner bought fuel in Dover at full price and had the receipt. CA's man is taking it up as assurances have been made specifically to CA that red diesel would be accepted.
    Bizarre, thanks for that and JM might consider making this thread sticky for a couple of weeks to help others avoid this recurring trap.

From Wikipedia: "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy at one point mentions that the word Belgium is the worst profanity in the galaxy."

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by mjcoon View Post
    From Wikipedia: "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy at one point mentions that the word Belgium is the worst profanity in the galaxy."

Mike.
    To be fair, this may be down to a single poorly trained law enforcement officer. It seems a bit hasty to condemn a whole nation on the basis of this incident which may yet be resolved.
    That said, this sort of thing would make me think long and hard about visiting the place, were I so inclined in the first instance.
    Last edited by Quiddle; 04-05-19 at 15:40.
    I'd rather be tethered to a pad eye than tethered to an iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    To be fair, this may be down to a single poorly trained law enforcement officer. It seems a bit hasty to condemn a whole nation on the basis of this incident which may yet be resolved.
    That said, this sort of thing would make me think long and hard about visiting the place, were I so inclined in the first instance.
    Possibly badly briefed but one cannot reasonably contend that enforcing the law of his/her land indicates a lack of training. I'm continually surprised by the naivety of those who rely on a diplomat or politician's statement that law enforcement officers will refrain from policing their laws, I'm struggling to see a similar scenario where the police/HMRC in this country would bow to political direction to not enforce laws (standfast Norther Ireland). From what I can gather it's not as though the UK is taking any steps at all to comply with the ruling, there doesn't seem to have been any steps to make white diesel more available on the south or east coasts or elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Tin View Post

+1. The latter point, though simple enough, seems beyond comprehension to many who post herein.

Wonder if he had a signed invoice showing 100% duty had been paid for all the fuel in the tank?

https://www.ybw.com/news-from-yachti...ociation-71987

Ah. 1st post said he had.. Though didn't mention if it was a signed invoice.
    Last edited by GHA; 04-05-19 at 16:15.

While this situation endures, I do not understand why anyone with red in their tank would even consider going there (save in an emergency).

Quote Originally Posted by GHA View Post
    Wonder if he had a signed invoice showing 100% duty had been paid for all the fuel in the tank?

https://www.ybw.com/news-from-yachti...ociation-71987

Ah. 1st post said he had.. Though didn't mention if it was a signed invoice.
    I believe you are missing the point of "Marked Fuel" here, as previously mentioned Marked has always been the basic issue. If you had bought red @ 10 a ltr it would still be illegal

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast