Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Belgium Again!

Default Re: Belgium Again!

Court ruling was in October 2018.

7 months down the road, where are we?
    What have HMRC, BMF, RYA, etc... , come up with to comply with the court ruling?
    What are they waiting for? Indicative votes in parliament?
    Last edited by Tin Tin; 04-05-19 at 16:53.
    My Karma ran over your Dogma.

Correct they should make white available but offer the same rebated tax. Every boat has to declare who they are so it would not be difficult to identify any fraud.

My guess they are waiting for an outcome on Brexit. Which makes perfect sense, why go to all the trouble and expense if we are leaving and can make our own rules? If we don’t leave we will have to comply.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven Spades View Post
    My guess they are waiting for an outcome on Brexit. Which makes perfect sense, why go to all the trouble and expense if we are leaving and can make our own rules? If we don’t leave we will have to comply.
    We can make whatever rules we like, but visitors ‘over there’ will still have to have white in the tanks. In fact even more so after the B thing
    Pardon?

No I don’t think so. The finding of the American yacht was subsequently found to have been a mistake. Yachts from third countries are exempt under international agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Harry View Post
    I believe you are missing the point of "Marked Fuel" here, as previously mentioned Marked has always been the basic issue. If you had bought red @ 10 a ltr it would still be illegal
    Nope, the Belgians said something definite and short term which went beyond that. It's in the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven Spades View Post
    Correct they should make white available but offer the same rebated tax. Every boat has to declare who they are so it would not be difficult to identify any fraud.

It is up to the customer to comply with the relevant legislation, if Marinas don't sell their red diesel because people that use it cannot go to an EU country without risking a fine they will eventually convert but if because the bulk of their buyers never go "abroad" and are quite content to avail themselves of cheap red then they will not change. However those souls that wish to voyage abroad to the EU territories where there be dragons will have to risk it or clean their tanks and fuel up from Tesco or some other suitable outlet with cans.
    Take your pick it's not complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Elecglitch View Post
    Possibly badly briefed but one cannot reasonably contend that enforcing the law of his/her land indicates a lack of training. I'm continually surprised by the naivety of those who rely on a diplomat or politician's statement that law enforcement officers will refrain from policing their laws, I'm struggling to see a similar scenario where the police/HMRC in this country would bow to political direction to not enforce laws
    Decriminalisation of cannabis, assisted suicides via Dignity to name but two, not critically but as an observation. I think the UK would be a better place if the separation of powers was strictly observed but it is not and so the police and CPS make up 'law' on the hoof. I suspect the same political meddling with the rule of law takes place in Belgium.
    I'd rather be tethered to a pad eye than tethered to an iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by Elecglitch View Post
    Possibly badly briefed but one cannot reasonably contend that enforcing the law of his/her land indicates a lack of training. I'm continually surprised by the naivety of those who rely on a diplomat or politician's statement that law enforcement officers will refrain from policing their laws, I'm struggling to see a similar scenario where the police/HMRC in this country would bow to political direction to not enforce laws (standfast Norther Ireland). From what I can gather it's not as though the UK is taking any steps at all to comply with the ruling, there doesn't seem to have been any steps to make white diesel more available on the south or east coasts or elsewhere.
    Hauwei cabinet leak ?????

Fuelling from Tesco is only an option if you have really small tanks.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast