Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Belgium Again!

Default Re: Belgium Again!

".........And as has been stated many times before, it was never about whether 60/40 or 100% tax, it was about the COLOUR of our diesel."

I am sure this abuts to a critically important issue at the heart of governance,
    but I am labouring with it just at the moment.

I shall go to France where, with a few dishonourable exceptions, they don't G.A.S.
    Last edited by doug748; 05-05-19 at 10:23. Reason: Fine tune

Quote Originally Posted by westhinder View Post
    When I asked about UK boats, they referred to the law and the verdict of the European Court of Justice. They realise it is an awkward situation and they informally told me that some officers might turn a blind eye. But they also said the plain fact is that the directive on marked diesel has been in force for over 20 years and I have to admit there is no arguing with that.
    Sounds like they have either reneged of were unaware of an agreement then. Bit naughty of them.

The Belgian authorities have said that if there are any changes to the agreement, which was also in place last year, they will notify the Regulations and Technical Services Group in good time so that the Cruising Association can inform CA members and the sailing community.Read more at https://www.ybw.com/news-from-yachti...kpAYLoJ22ET.99

Time to snitch to belgian authorities on visiting Belgian vessels seen filling up in UK ports unless carried from local garage in cans?
    Last edited by Robin; 05-05-19 at 13:54. Reason: sp stutters
    Sermons from my pulpit are with tongue firmly in cheek and without any warranty!

Quote Originally Posted by Poecheng View Post
    Certainly here in the UK. I now fill with white as there doesn't seem to be much of price difference and we do not have large tanks.
    However, in Ostend last year, there is no diesel near the harbour and garages are not allowed in the town/city centres, they must be on the outskirts. So you have to transport diesel in cans to the boat in Belgium.

OK in Netherlands round the corner so outbound we managed until we got to Flushing and, on the return journey filled up in Breskens.
    However, the problem is not really where to fill up, it is that you cannot be in Belgium with red diesel.
    The chap who was the subject of the OP, would have been wise not to have filled his tank in Dover, but filled asap on first arrival in Belgium, he would then have had a nice Belgian invoice & white fuel. Thus saving 500

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    Time to snitch to belgian authorities on visiting Belgian vessels seen filling up in UK ports unless carried from local garage in cans?
    May i draw your attention to post 44

Quote Originally Posted by Old Harry View Post
    The chap who was the subject of the OP, would have been wise not to have filled his tank in Dover, but filled asap on first arrival in Belgium, he would then have had a nice Belgian invoice & white fuel. Thus saving €500
    No he would have pinky red fuel and still got the same treatment and fine.

North Wales, sailing Aegean Sea or Menai Strait

Quote Originally Posted by Fr J Hackett View Post
    No he would have pinky red fuel and still got the same treatment and fine.
    And possibly need a tow in after running out of fuel.
    Answers to some technical queries at new website http://coxeng.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by vyv_cox View Post
    And possibly need a tow in after running out of fuel.
    You two are assuming far too much, Dover > Dunkerque is not very far, what 40 mls, fill up & stay the night. One will have done ones best to comply & have a chitty

Quote Originally Posted by Old Harry View Post
    You two are assuming far too much, Dover > Dunkerque is not very far, what 40 mls, fill up & stay the night. One will have done ones best to comply & have a chitty
    Done ones best doesn't come into it if there is a trace of colour (ppm of dye) your stuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fr J Hackett View Post
    Done ones best doesn't come into it if there is a trace of colour (ppm of dye) your stuffed.
    Its ( as i understand it ) a visual check see post 44

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast