Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Re: Vodafone UK £24 for 100GB 4G DATA p.m. - Three top that!

Quote Originally Posted by GHA View Post
    Ditched three a while ago, awful download rate, in Portugal anyway. Might have changed but payg sims are all you can eat data for euro a day here so no point getting locked into a contract to watch game of thrones every night
    Interesting, when in Portugal our Three links to NOS (a local provider) that gives an excellent download rate.

Before roaming was freed up NOS was our MIFI provider and we were getting 30GB per 30 days for €25 on a 6 month contract but as at the time, we didn’t have a Portuguese bank account, we had to pay cash at the local NOS shop. In the UK we had Three giving 20GB for £15 (this was about 4 or 5 years back) on a monthly rolling contract which we could suspend when we went to Portugal.

Cheap roaming and the arrival of tethering changed the goal posts so we ditched NOS and just use Three 24/7 on phones (£17 per month for 30GB) and mifi (£20 per month for unlimited). When in Portugal, the maximum data on all contracts is 19GB per month.

Marina de Lagos provides free wifi free, which is reasonable for most things but not strong enough to support the VPN required to view UK TV overseas so this is where the Three data fits in.

Overall, very satisfactory arrangement at a reasonable price.
    Last edited by nortada; 13-05-19 at 06:09.
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿Neither a Remainer or a Leaver be. Hoping for the best but planning for the worst✔️

Default Re: Vodafone UK £24 for 100GB 4G DATA p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I have a screen shot of chat from Vodafone saying I do not have to be in the UK - I specifically said I was going cruising the Med for several months and their rep said that was fine there were no restrictions on use abroad at all in their roaming areas
    Correct, my son is on Vodafone now, he was caught out by O2 for overstaying. I am planing to switch from Three because I will be overseas for three months this summer.

Default Re: Vodafone UK £24 for 100GB 4G DATA p.m. - Three top that!

Quote Originally Posted by nortada View Post
    Interesting, when in Portugal our Three links to NOS (a local provider) that gives an excellent download rate..
    Usually....

All waking hours I'm usually streaming web radio or an evening movie, it will drop out now and again but usually just for a few minutes. I use gifgaff payg just to keep a mobile number, says network altice meo|gifgaff but usually you can't even get online with it or if you do download speed is awful. The NOS data sim says there's a limit but I've never had a problem, quick looks shows 89Gb 30mar - 29Apr.

Last edited by GHA; 13-05-19 at 08:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven Spades View Post
    Correct, my son is on Vodafone now, he was caught out by O2 for overstaying. I am planing to switch from Three because I will be overseas for three months this summer.
    You need to check with Vodafone UK accounts. Read #26 & #29

Quote Originally Posted by Seven Spades View Post
    I am planing to switch from Three because I will be overseas for three months this summer.
    Three are OK with you being overseas for months at a time, though.

Quote Originally Posted by KompetentKrew View Post
    Three are OK with you being overseas for months at a time, though.
    3 months away on 3 no problem✔️
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿Neither a Remainer or a Leaver be. Hoping for the best but planning for the worst✔️

the 100gb for £24 is back again with Vodafone, just changed to it

Me Cheltenham, boat Sant Carles de la Rapida

I use the 100Gb sim only deal on Vodafone (voice and data) but bought through UK Mobiles.

I think I pay about £14 a month.

Graham
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.........

They now have an unlimited package.

However, for liveaboard cruisers, surely it's a data sim you want for tethering, not a regular mobile package. Unless you are a gluten for punishment, using a mobile phone for many things on the web is a nightmare. Their best data sim is £25 for 50gb.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikedefieslife View Post
    They now have an unlimited package.

However, for liveaboard cruisers, surely it's a data sim you want for tethering, not a regular mobile package. Unless you are a gluten for punishment, using a mobile phone for many things on the web is a nightmare. Their best data sim is £25 for 50gb.
    I only used it in a mifi, no problem, we have 4 devices linked to the mifi

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast