Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Default Re: Vodafone UK £24 for 100GB 4G DATA p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard10002 View Post
    Good answer I find I can watch enough news to get the gist of what's going on, and think I am smart enough to sift out the bias. Deeper analysis - cant help with that
    We're well off topic now.... But... Have you seen The Loudest Voice? It highlights everything that's wrong with modern news channels. They maximize audience by appealing to the lowest common denominators in society. This means they don't cover the real issues. So there's little to 'sift out' as you put it.

The £24/100GB deal is no longer available. Instead they've got unlimited plans: £23/month gives you unlimited but with downloads capped at 2Mbps. , £26/month give 10Mbps and £30/month gives fastest speeds available. Data abroad is capped at 25GB but the lady in the shop didn't know whether that was per month or per trip. "Tethering" no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Todd View Post
    BTW... I had the same "there's no time limit on roaming" discussion with the nice lady on the Voda chat service. I clicked the button to get an email of the dialogue. When it didn't arrived i reconnected. They told me that they had misinformed me!!! and still wouldn't send me the dialogue.
    A Data Protection Act / GDPR request will get you a copy of it. They have to give you any data they have stored about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikedefieslife View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanbasset View Post
    I only used it in a mifi, no problem, we have 4 devices linked to the mifi
    That is tethering. I couldn't see any mention of whether it is allowed or not in the terms they give on the website.
    A mifi is a router - you can't do anything but "tether" through it.

I am unfamiliar with any use of the term "tether" aside from these:

Surely the term arises to distinguish between using a data-only plan and using your phone's data - telcos sometimes restrict tethering (through your phone) to force you to buy a separate data-only SIM.

Quote Originally Posted by KompetentKrew View Post
    A mifi is a router - you can't do anything but "tether" through it.

Surely the term arises to distinguish between using a data-only plan and using your phone's data - telcos sometimes restrict tethering (through your phone) to force you to buy a separate data-only SIM.
    Yep, a regular sim card (contract) is expected to be used in a phone, and tethering (sharing/hotspot etc..) is usually restricted to some degree.

A data sim you can do whatever you like with.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678