Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default marina/boatyard recommendations Southampton area.

I'm working on a plan to bring a 48' motor yacht round to the Solent area as a semi-liveaboard whilst cleaning and fettling and trying to sell. I'd like to take her to Quay Lane in Gosport where I keep my boat, but she needs to stay afloat if I'm going to be living on board.
    So I wonder if people know of suitable cheap-or at least affordable-places they can tell me about? I'm thinking maybe up the Itchen? I don't care if it's industrial or a working yard or what the view from my window will be.
    Bottom line is cost.
    Also a swinging mooring is out as l need to commute every day and don't want to start/finish with a dinghy ride.
    Here's a link in case anyone is interested :-)

https://www.boatshed.com/dutch_steel...at-254603.html

cheers

Default Re: marina/boatyard recommendations Southampton area.

Foulkes AKA the Chandlery Barge at the top of the River Hamble, (Blundell Lane, Bursledon) charge £10.25 / foot / month in their fully wet walk ashore berths, lesser fees for those that get quite shallow and less again for those that dry out . Plenty of liveaboards and a real old fashioned yard.
    Interested in Corvettes PM me for details of the Corvette Motorboat Association

Quote Originally Posted by realslimshady View Post
    I'm working on a plan to bring a 48' motor yacht round to the Solent area as a semi-liveaboard whilst cleaning and fettling and trying to sell. I'd like to take her to Quay Lane in Gosport where I keep my boat, but she needs to stay afloat if I'm going to be living on board.
    So I wonder if people know of suitable cheap-or at least affordable-places they can tell me about? I'm thinking maybe up the Itchen? I don't care if it's industrial or a working yard or what the view from my window will be.
    Bottom line is cost.
    Also a swinging mooring is out as l need to commute every day and don't want to start/finish with a dinghy ride.
    Here's a link in case anyone is interested :-)

https://www.boatshed.com/dutch_steel...at-254603.html

cheers
    Also ocean quay on the Itchen. Or kemps quay but you’ll dry.

Shamrock quay
    Kemps boat yard
    Drivers wharf (have a few pontoon berths)

Personally Iíd go for shamrock quay, itís MDL. 24hr security, electricity, nice shower block and a decent cafe !!

If you want cheap with shore power. Quayside marina on the Itchen. Owned by Southampton Dry Stack

You could try Lauren Marine on the Itchen, its in Hazel Road, Woolston, its cheap, but does dry out, plus you have to put up with dickhead Dippy Danny that runs it.

Quote Originally Posted by burgundyben View Post
    You could try Lauren Marine on the Itchen, its in Hazel Road, Woolston, its cheap, but does dry out, plus you have to put up with dickhead Dippy Danny that runs it.
    No way would anyone want to leave a half decent boat anywhere in hazel road, let alone live there. Youíll go out one day and come back to find half your boat missing !!!

Quote Originally Posted by NDB View Post
    No way would anyone want to leave a half decent boat anywhere in hazel road, let alone live there. You’ll go out one day and come back to find half your boat missing !!!
    I'll give that one a miss then!

Quote Originally Posted by chillee View Post
    If you want cheap with shore power. Quayside marina on the Itchen. Owned by Southampton Dry Stack
    That's the kind of place I was looking for, cheers. Spoken to them and sounds ok. Also Kemps next door.

+1 for shamrock quay nice staff , boats looked after very well and you have the Chandlerís (force 4) on site and screw fix and tool station a stones Throw away they have a few live aboard people there already

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast