Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Default Re: Cala D'Or berthing fees going up by 15%

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    What's your beam? I'll scan and post the price list this evening.

Kashurst / Adey, do you have the price lists for Alicante?
    Hi Pete,
    My renewal this year in Alicante was 5,500 euros for a 12x5.5 pontoon berth (up to 43 feet).
    I didnít pay it though because Iíve just sold my boat!
    The chap who bought it mostly wanted it for the berth. There are now no annual rental berths available in Alicante.
    I loved It there....20 mins from the airport on the bus (1.20e) or 15 mins in a taxi (25e). Tabarca Island, Mar Menor, miles of sandy beaches, nice city, restaurants, year-round-sun, 10 quid flights. Iíll miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by adey View Post
    Hi Pete,
    My renewal this year in Alicante was 5,500 euros for a 12x5.5 pontoon berth (up to 43 feet).
    The chap who bought it mostly wanted it for the berth. There are now no annual rental berths available in Alicante.
    I loved It there....20 mins from the airport on the bus (1.20e) or 15 mins in a taxi (25e). Tabarca Island, Mar Menor, miles of sandy beaches, nice city, restaurants, year-round-sun, 10 quid flights. Iíll miss it.
    That sounds good value. How come there's no more rental berths? Sad that you've moved on, are you finished with boating?

The marina is just full. I guess I was lucky when I turned up 2 1/2 years ago.
    I had my Azimut for 6 years and had some great times with it. Italy, SOF then Alicante. No regrets. Selling was hard but the wife wants to do more long haul holidays and see more of the world.
    Iíll be back to boating in a couple of years, maybe with a boat share. I could never use it in the summer because of work, which always seemed daft.

Hi Pete,
    So how do you get a berth there now? Buy a lease I guess, but how do you find a seller?

There will be brokers that have them on their books. One is here

https://uk.topboats.com/yachting/sal...&country=spain

Quote Originally Posted by PEJ View Post
    So how do you get a berth there now? Buy a lease I guess, but how do you find a seller?
    Or John Brewster???
    See this link
    http://www.marineonline.co.uk/
    His website takes a bit to understand but there are lots of berths there - for sale and for rent.
    This is the kind of place where you might find the cheap deals on mainland Spain.

I think most of the berths are a "nominal size"
    In SC, the nominal sizes10m, 12m, 15m, 20m etc...
    In SC you are allowed to go over the length by 10% but you have to allow 3% for fenders and keep inside the nominal width (beam).
    IIRC, your boat is probably too big for a 15m berth so you would be paying a bit more for a 20m berth.
    But most of the mainland marinas are significantly cheaper than the islands.

Yes, you can still buy a lease but all the rental berths from the marina are taken. There are of course still port fees and taxes to pay even if you buy a lease. Not sure if they allow private rentals.

Yes, you can still buy a lease but all the rental berths from the marina are taken. There are of course still port fees and taxes to pay even if you buy a lease. Not sure if they allow private rentals.
    Adey, that's pretty much the same with any desirable marina in the Med; it's a case of "one out one in". It doesn't mean that there will never be rental berths available in the future, you just need be persistent, lucky or willing bribe whoever allocates them to secure one!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567