Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Cala D'Or berthing fees going up by 15%

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    Whitlighter got me prices form St Carles and they were silly expensive ( E2k less than Cala Dor for winter. It seems only the private berths are cheap.
    Yeah, but there's always private berths available (e.g. http://www.marineonline.co.uk/acatal..._for_rent.html) and it's not like you're regarded as a second class citizen by the marina as you are in some places. I'm not convinced you'll like it there though J.

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    I love Mallorca and thing the cruising is 10/10 - however there are other places to go and anything gets boring after a while.
    There are indeed. We moved on to Italy/Croatia and then Sardinia after 5 seasons in Majorca and now we are in SoF of course. I still rate the Balearics as the best cruising ground in the W Med but the Adriatic in particular offers cruising which arguably is more interesting and certainly more extensive. As I said above, Spain needs to appreciate that leisure boating brings a large amount of money into their economy but at the same time they need to understand that there are other countries in the Med vying for that income so making life difficult or more expensive for boaters only harms Spain in the long run

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    Yeah, but there's always private berths available (e.g. http://www.marineonline.co.uk/acatal..._for_rent.html) and it's not like you're regarded as a second class citizen by the marina as you are in some places. I'm not convinced you'll like it there though J.
    Just FYI Ä8000 pa also gets you a 20m berth in Carloforte. Its not expensive everywhere in the Med

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    I'm not convinced you'll like it there though J.
    Year - the locals are a very dubious bunch.

AFAIK the marina price in a similar way to most - if you buy a full year, you get a much better deal than just a winter or summer season.

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    Just FYI Ä8000 pa also gets you a 20m berth in Carloforte. Its not expensive everywhere in the Med
    If we stay in Cala DíOr we will be paying more than than for an 8m berth next year!

I fancy Croatia for a bit as well.
    Done some charters there and the cruising ground is nice.

Might have to wait for the next boat though
    Free supercharging Tesla referral code http://ts.la/jez9763

Did they improve the water quality when they raised the prices? I moved to Menorca from CD with Medmilo a while back which was about 35pc of what they wanted to charge me in CD. At that time Menorca wasn't so full but that too is changing. It generally feels to me that things are peaking in the Balearics. Prices for everything have gone up way too much and as people have said the authorities seem to be doing all they can to discourage visitors. Tourism will be down a lot this year I believe and I suspect that things will slowly re adjust in the next two years. We are joining the exodus towards Italy via Corsica this summer where prices are definitely cheaper.

Agreed. We left Club De Mar - Palma after 3 years for Sardinia -Poltu Quatu ..best boat location decision i have made. Just caught the end of the last season cruising around the Costa Smerelda.. so far its been jaw dropping scenery, fantastic food and half the price. Please stay where you are chaps..

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Agreed. We left Club De Mar - Palma after 3 years for Sardinia -Poltu Quatu ..best boat location decision i have made. Just caught the end of the last season cruising around the Costa Smerelda.. so far its been jaw dropping scenery, fantastic food and half the price. Please stay where you are chaps..
    We keep a rib there to use for our summer holidays and it's a fabulous area with the islands but it can blow a bit. So far in 3 years of 3 week holidays we've only lost about 5-6 days so it's not as bad as made out in our experience. When it does then just take the opportunity to discover the island as it's a beautiful unspoilt place but don't tell anyone else on here, we don't want the crowds. We're based out of Porto Pozzo on the mainland, cheap as chips!

Quote Originally Posted by crazy4557 View Post
    We keep a rib there to use for our summer holidays and it's a fabulous area with the islands but it can blow a bit. So far in 3 years of 3 week holidays we've only lost about 5-6 days so it's not as bad as made out in our experience. When it does then just take the opportunity to discover the island as it's a beautiful unspoilt place but don't tell anyone else on here, we don't want the crowds. We're based out of Porto Pozzo on the mainland, cheap as chips!

What do you define as cheap as chips cos I am sure someone on here thought £32,000 a year for a berth was good value
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast