Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Fairline Phantom 43AC, engine removal and fire exit(s) trouble ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fusebox View Post
    Thanks for additional info. Good to know that an actual in-situ rebuild has been performed, however demanding on the tech :-)
    The boat is listed at approx £135.000, but seems to be available at £110.000, still quite a bit higher that the £60' suggestion above.

The engines (and boat) are fully operational, according to seller, so my question is only to check that a repair would be possible IF anything should happen in the future.
    Should this be necessary, the repair bill will be fully settled with Very Expensive Beer. Not sure aboute the current rate, though :-)
    That asking price sounds about right - one went locally to us recently and was asking similar (a bit more in fact). The £60k suggestion for one of these is way off IMHO.

Iíve got one and love it!
    I just enjoy the amount of space, the flexibility and sea keeping. I admit the looks especially the stern arenít everyoneís cup of tea. I wanted a boat with space so looked at the normal flybridge boats and the problem is unless itís 30 degrees itís freezing up top and no protection from wind etc and Iíve driven lots. The 43ac has the best of both worlds with a Targa style cockpit so you can have the canopy up or down and more social. The 63ís arenít the fastest but gets on the plane quick enough and will cruise all day at 24 knots WOT at 29 knots, so who wants to fly around at much faster speeds? Buy a rib for that!
    I was a bit worried about the transition from my Targa 43 to the 43AC but I look at it as a Targa on steroids! 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2 View Post
    That asking price sounds about right - one went locally to us recently and was asking similar (a bit more in fact). The £60k suggestion for one of these is way off IMHO.
    He did not say it was all in working order ,I was suggesting 60k if they had to cut and put 2 new engines in ,

I didn't think of entering that information, but should have stated that engines are currently OK. Sorry about that.
    I agree on the price estimate if engines were to be replaced.

Great to hear from a present owner, Sojourn.

It is still up for sale, apparently, so thinking hard here :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12