Default Yamaha outboard no warning buzzer on controls.

Hi, I have just bought a boat to do up and it's currently fitted with a 2002 Yam 70BETO and command link round gauge.
    When you put the ignition on there is no short audible beep like we had on our old Mercury to prove the alarm is working.

So basically my question is should I have a buzzer go off when I put the ignition on? and if it is faulty does anyone know where this buzzer is?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Yamaha outboard no warning buzzer on controls.

Quote Originally Posted by martin33100 View Post
    Hi, I have just bought a boat to do up and it's currently fitted with a 2002 Yam 70BETO and command link round gauge.
    When you put the ignition on there is no short audible beep like we had on our old Mercury to prove the alarm is working.

So basically my question is should I have a buzzer go off when I put the ignition on? and if it is faulty does anyone know where this buzzer is?

Thanks in advance.

Is it a Yamaha 701 remote control box? if so mine never beeped before start either but it would buzz if there was problem.

Hope that helps

Best

Stewart

Thanks for your reply, I can have a look or take a picture of the remote controls later.
    There is an old Yamaha trim gauge on the dash that isn't used now so the original engine may have been a Yam as well.
    So as the 70 BETO is a replacement engine I don't really know if the controls are the originals or if they were changed in 2002 when the replacement engine was fitted.

Quote Originally Posted by swatkins View Post
    Is it a Yamaha 701 remote control box? if so mine never beeped before start either but it would buzz if there was problem.

Hope that helps

Best

Stewart

I have just looked and it's a 703 remote

Pretty sure the same applies I wouldn't worry about it.

Best

Stewart