Default Rear Stainless Mooring Cleats for Norman 18 Cabin Cruiser What Size

Just bought a Norman 18 for plodding up and down the river. It has a bollard type Cleat at the front but nothing on the back as it was a trailer boat and never moored by its previous owner. As I'm going to use it on the river I need to install a couple of Stainless Mooring Cleats at the ba k but not sure which size to order for that size of boat.

Default Re: Rear Stainless Mooring Cleats for Norman 18 Cabin Cruiser What Size

Quote Originally Posted by thesaintlyone View Post
    Just bought a Norman 18 for plodding up and down the river. It has a bollard type Cleat at the front but nothing on the back as it was a trailer boat and never moored by its previous owner. As I'm going to use it on the river I need to install a couple of Stainless Mooring Cleats at the ba k but not sure which size to order for that size of boat.
    Decide the size ( diameter ) of the mooring warps, I'd think 8 , 10 or maybe 12 mm nylon or polyester depending upon how sheltered or exposed your mooring site is

Then choose a size of cleat suitable for the rope size 6 or 8, maybe 10, inch probably