Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: West Coast lift out and storage.

Not quite as far north as Lochinver, or indeed, Lerwick, but you can get lift out and storage at Kishorn.
    As for furtherest north, I have seen a hoist in Brae which is a good bit up from Lerwick.

Quote Originally Posted by awol View Post
    Lerwick - far enough north for you? Fits your requirement for something on Mainland.
    Am I missing something? Lerwick is not mainland?

Quote Originally Posted by burgundyben View Post
    Am I missing something? Lerwick is not mainland?
    Oh, yes it is! Have a gander at a map or chart. Maybe I should have inserted a smiley for the geographically and/or googling challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by awol View Post
    Oh, yes it is! Have a gander at a map or chart. Maybe I should have inserted a smiley for the geographically and/or googling challenged.
    Lat/ long? Bearing/ range? Just ď have a gander at a mAp ď doesnít really help much if we have no clue where you are talking about. I am guessing near Ullapool, but canít find a main land Lerwick....( in the time it would take to give us all a clue ..)

.... or you very unhelpful refer to Mainland as in Shetland island, not what was clearly intended by OP. That is helpful...NOT!
    Last edited by Genoa; 18-05-19 at 07:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Genoa View Post
    .... or you very unhelpful refer to Mainland as in Shetland island, not what was clearly intended by OP. That is helpful...NOT!
    Ah, so you think the OP was trying to indicate what those on Eilean Ban ( ) refer to as the "North Island"?

There is a yard near Ullapool (although their main interest is wooden boats). Lochinver is quite good for storage but it is not a 'yard' in the conventional sense. It is hardstanding by the Council offices and has no facilities (other than electricity and water). You will have to arrange your own contractors and so on. Toilets (no showers) in the fish shed. I have hauled out there for underwater repairs and found it OK.

Used to be able to get a shower at the leisure centre just beyond the hardstanding?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12