Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Gas water heater aboard?

My previous boat, a Moody 33, had a Vaillant water heater fitted from new in 1976. Mounted on the bulkhead between saloon/galley and heads it supplied the galley, heads sink and shower. It vented from the top into the cabin but with a dorade vent immediately above it. Surveyor was happy but I had it checked out by a qualified gas engineer as water flow was low. He tried to descale the heat exchanger without success so we ordered a new one from Vaillant as still available. Worked fine from then until I sold the boat 3 years ago. I kept a Kidde CO alarm in the saloon and it never registered any increase in CO when the heater was running. In my view an excellent and simple system that is condemned by many surveyors who are qualified to knee jerk level

Pasarell +1.
    Southerly has same system. Mounted in heads, vent to cabin top immediately above.
    Surveyor happy with it, advised gas safety inspection, done, he also happy with it.
    Simple good system.

We have a Rinnai gas water heater installed on the bulkhead by the galley on a Moody 33S; was fitted in the '80s or '90s; produces instant hot water for washing and shower; when not in use, we turn the gas off. We always have two CO alarms and fire alarms on board; never had any problems. The gas oven and hob are used, by far much more often and for longer periods.

Quote Originally Posted by vyv_cox View Post
    Well here's a strange thing, is it coincidence or something more sinister? Since I posted in this thread, and without carrying out any searches, Facebook is now trying to sell me a gas water heater.
    Distinctly sinister!

Quote Originally Posted by vyv_cox View Post
    Well here's a strange thing, is it coincidence or something more sinister? Since I posted in this thread, and without carrying out any searches, Facebook is now trying to sell me a gas water heater.
    likeley adware on your computer. scan it with malwarebytes
    Current boat: 1988 Jeanneau Sundream (lifting center board)

North Wales, sailing Aegean Sea or Menai Strait

Quote Originally Posted by UK-WOOZY View Post
    likeley adware on your computer. scan it with malwarebytes
    Android phone. I'll try a scan.
    Answers to some technical queries at new website http://coxeng.co.uk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123