Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: How many days to spare for Kornati Islands?

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    Murter is another place worth visiting. Again park your boat on the quay and eat at this restaurant https://www.tictac-murter.com/
    I see several minor islands just a bit north to Murter. Are there nice places there to overnight at anchor?

100e a night? They are having a giraffe.

I visited the Kornati for a total of 2 weeks during my 9 week Adriatic cruise from Pula to Albania and back.

I got my log out to be sure I remembered things correctly but it did show that I did not pay a penny to anchor anywhere.

I remember one small restaurant where we were the only customers. We asked for a menu to be told they had bread wine potatoes and fish. OK we said that is what we will have. An hour later we asked where was our dinner. He said the cook has gone to catch the fish.

BTW it was 1990.
    Monkey patching programmer [retired ]

Quote Originally Posted by TQA View Post

I visited the Kornati for a total of 2 weeks during my 9 week Adriatic cruise from Pula to Albania and back.

I got my log out to be sure I remembered things correctly but it did show that I did not pay a penny to anchor anywhere.

I remember one small restaurant where we were the only customers. We asked for a menu to be told they had bread wine potatoes and fish. OK we said that is what we will have. An hour later we asked where was our dinner. He said the cook has gone to catch the fish.

BTW it was 1990.
    I think that was only possible at the good old days...

Now I budgeted for EUR 100 as an average for each night of my trip to Croatian Adriatic. It looks like there are no places left at Croatia where boaters can anchor free. Buoys cost around EUR 50, city ports around EUR 150 and marinas around EUR 250 per night (for the LOA of 22 meters).

I will be very very glad if someone comes up and says that I am wrong

BTW it was 1990.
    That was indeed a long time ago. In my experience the officials grab you as soon as you drop your hook now. On the plus side there is more than one restaurant in the Kornatis now and whilst the cuisine in Croatia is generally not cordon bleu, there are some good restaurants (like the 2 I've mentioned above) and many restaurants in the islands have their own quays where you can park overnight FOC and for me thats a big plus

Quote Originally Posted by Eren View Post
    I see several minor islands just a bit north to Murter. Are there nice places there to overnight at anchor?
    Firstly be a bit careful approaching Murter from the north. IIRC there is a bit of a dog leg around a shallow reef. In fact pay attention to the charts in that area generally because again IIRC there are shallows to avoid. Yes there are anchorages in the lee of the islands on either side of the channel into Murter. Also if you go around the other side of Murter there is an anchorage, a small harbour and restaurants ashore

On your way to Losinj, there is a nice and well protected cove for a overnight anchorage on the island Dugi Otok, between Brbinj and Savar.
    Around the island Kaprije are some very nice coves, in some of these coves is a restaurant, I can give names if you Like.
    SE of the island Zlarin are some really nice anchorages (turquoise water) be carefull very challow on some spots
    4 y ago, all anchorages above were FOC.

Quote Originally Posted by BartW View Post
    On your way to Losinj, there is a nice and well protected cove for a overnight anchorage on the island Dugi Otok, between Brbinj and Savar.
    Around the island Kaprije are some very nice coves, in some of these coves is a restaurant, I can give names if you Like.
    SE of the island Zlarin are some really nice anchorages (turquoise water) be carefull very challow on some spots
    4 y ago, all anchorages above were FOC.
    Likewise at the south end of Dugi Otok there is a long inlet (opposite the northern entrance to the Kornatis). If you go right to the top of the inlet there is a very sheltered anchorage behind 2 small islands. IIRC the bottom is mud so the holding is good but the water is not crystal clear as a result. As a safe anchorage though there are not many better in islands. There are supposed to be a couple of restaurants there but when we have visited they have been closed so take some provisions!

BTW it was 1990.
    We past lots of places and in big letters was “ meat and fish “ on the side of the building. What I came to appreciate was that was the entire menu !

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    We past lots of places and in big letters was “ meat and fish “ on the side of the building. What I came to appreciate was that was the entire menu !
    I have had a boys trip on my boat every year for I dont know how long but it has become a standing joke amongst my mates since we were based in Croatia that nearly every time we went into a Croatian restaurant, there was no menu and the owner would come up to the table and shout "YOU WANNA MEEEET OR YOU WANNA FEEESH?"

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    Likewise at the south end of Dugi Otok there is a long inlet (opposite the northern entrance to the Kornatis). If you go right to the top of the inlet there is a very sheltered anchorage behind 2 small islands. IIRC the bottom is mud so the holding is good but the water is not crystal clear as a result. As a safe anchorage though there are not many better in islands. There are supposed to be a couple of restaurants there but when we have visited they have been closed so take some provisions!
    I think this is where you are mentioning:
    3A54A7D3-9258-4D91-9759-7F0DA2F70E50.jpeg

The two islands can be seen at the bottom of the bay.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast