Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: How many days to spare for Kornati Islands?

Quote Originally Posted by BartW View Post
    SE of the island Zlarin are some really nice anchorages (turquoise water) be carefull very challow on some spots
    4 y ago, all anchorages above were FOC.
    Thanks for the detailed input. Especially that area (west of Sibenik) takes my most attention. Will visit for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Eren View Post
    I think this is where you are mentioning:
    Attachment 77858

The two islands can be seen at the bottom of the bay.
    Correct although its a lot busier in that photo than when we visited!

Thanks for the detailed input. Especially that area (west of Sibenik) takes my most attention. Will visit for sure.
    when you do that, I can advice to include Skradin and Krka falls in your plans,
    best planning for that is:
    Book a berth on Skradin Townquay in advance (in the morning)
    sail in to the Sibenik bay, towards Skradin late afternoon, its a nice and interesting but slow trip.
    Skradin village is OK, but nothing special, go early to bed, and make sure you get on the first Visitors boat to the falls, leaving from the town quay at 8am iirc.
    now you're the first to enjoy the glory of the Krka falls, and even get a swim,
    after a walk and a swim (plan in two hours) you take the visitors boat back to Skradin,
    and then you will apreciate why a local gave us this valuable advise to take that "First" boat
    before or after lunch you can leave, and sail back to the Adriatic and enjoy another day around the islands,
    I've stopped at Sibenic for fuel and buying a mobile data recharge, the town doesn't look attractive.

best planning for that is:
    Book a berth on Skradin Townquay in advance (in the morning)
    sail in to the Sibenik bay, towards Skradin late afternoon, its a nice and interesting but slow trip.
    Skradin village is OK, but nothing special, go early to bed, and make sure you get on the first Visitors boat to the falls, leaving from the town quay at 8am iirc.
    now you're the first to enjoy the glory of the Krka falls, and even get a swim,
    after a walk and a swim (plan in two hours) you take the visitors boat back to Skradin,
    and then you will apreciate why a local gave us this valuable advise to take that "First" boat
    before or after lunch you can leave, and sail back to the Adriatic and enjoy another day around the islands,
    I've stopped at Sibenic for fuel and buying a mobile data recharge, the town doesn't look attractive.
    That is very valuable information. Thanks a lot Bart.

Is it possible to book a berth just by calling or should we use an agent each time?

+1 Krka falls is a must do in Croatia. You used to be able to take your tender up to the falls but I think they've banned that now

Yes, Sibenik is not very interesting. However on the opposite (SW) side of the inlet facing Marina Mandalina is what I used to call the best fuel filling station in the world run by Lukoil. It has 8 pumps (at least when I was in Croatia) and there was never any queuing and the prices were competitive

General tip on fuelling in Croatia. Avoid filling up on Friday afternoon or Sat morning because the fuel stations, especially around Split, are rammed with charter boats filling up at the end of their charter weeks

Is it possible to book a berth just by calling or should we use an agent each time?
    for that booking we used a agent, (at that time 40euro per booking),
    we used them for the whole trip from Cavtat to Venice and back,
    ofcause you don't need them for a anchorage, or a private booking,
    but they insisted to start the bookings including the customs clearance in to HR (at 150e)
    we didn't use them when going back from HR to MNE
    I don't know if you can book that townquay yourself, usually its a problem to get the right guy for such a booking, they are not alway's in the pilotbook,
    and also the language very often is a problem.
    and even if you can, you're not shure that they keep your reservartion. (as opposed to bookings from agents)

but you know that town quay's are usually cheaper than marina's,
    in Hvar fe we paid 120euro for the famous town quay

for that booking we used a agent, (at that time 40euro per booking),
    we used them for the whole trip from Cavtat to Venice and back,
    ofcause you don't need them for a anchorage, or a private booking,
    but they insisted to start the bookings including the customs clearance in to HR (at 150e)
    we didn't use them when going back from HR to MNE
    I don't know if you can book that townquay yourself, usually its a problem to get the right guy for such a booking, they are not alway's in the pilotbook,
    and also the language very often is a problem.
    and even if you can, you're not shure that they keep your reservartion. (as opposed to bookings from agents)

but you know that town quay's are usually cheaper than marina's,
    in Hvar fe we paid 120euro for the famous town quay
    EUR 40 is reasonable when compared with the economy they bring against the marina prices, plus the peace of mind that you have a place kept ready for you at the town quay.

Do they really have the connections/power to secure places at all town quays throughout Croatian Adriatic? Do you remember the name of the agent?

Usually I do my own entry at Cavtat, it is easy. But port booking at popular places like Hvar is very valuable service.

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    +1 Krka falls is a must do in Croatia. You used to be able to take your tender up to the falls but I think they've banned that now

Yes, Sibenik is not very interesting. However on the opposite (SW) side of the inlet facing Marina Mandalina is what I used to call the best fuel filling station in the world run by Lukoil. It has 8 pumps (at least when I was in Croatia) and there was never any queuing and the prices were competitive

General tip on fuelling in Croatia. Avoid filling up on Friday afternoon or Sat morning because the fuel stations, especially around Split, are rammed with charter boats filling up at the end of their charter weeks
    Thanks for the advice on fueling.

I expect to spend around 6000 liters at this trip. I will fill up tax-free before leaving Montenegro, I will then add up a minimum amount of 1000-1500 liters from Croatia. Price of tax-free fuel in Montenegro is EUR 0.70, whereas it is around EUR 1.20 tax-paid in Croatia.

EUR 40 is reasonable when compared with the economy they bring against the marina prices, plus the peace of mind that you have a place kept ready for you at the town quay.

Do they really have the connections/power to secure places at all town quays throughout Croatian Adriatic? Do you remember the name of the agent?

Usually I do my own entry at Cavtat, it is easy. But port booking at popular places like Hvar is very valuable service.
    the price might have gone up since then,
    The Agent was "Adriatic Services",
    when you're next in Cavtat, asc Lari (they guy in the wheelchair for electric connection) to point you to Djuro, he's the agent for AS in Cavtat,
    (both are good friends)
    and asc Djuro to introduce you to Lovorco, the boss of the agency situated in Dubrovnic
    I'll pm you some e-mails and phone numbers,

I have every possible electric conversion cable onboard, even to French Marchal plugs for Antibes and st tropez
    in Croatia its mainly CEE, or nothing !
    what do you have on the boat? we have 2 x Blue CEE32A
    I have convertors from
    M red CEE63A to 3 x F Blue 32A
    M red CEE32A to 3 x F Blue 32A
    and a few M Blue 16A to F Blue 32A

and I also have a LBOK convertor, but that's only for those who know how to use it, lets not go in to that

the price might have gone up since then,
    The Agent was "Adriatic Services",
    when you're next in Cavtat, asc Lari (they guy in the wheelchair for electric connection) to point you to Djuro, he's the agent for AS in Cavtat,
    (both are good friends)
    and asc Djuro to introduce you to Lovorco, the boss of the agency situated in Dubrovnic
    I'll pm you some e-mails and phone numbers,

I have every possible electric conversion cable onboard, even to French Marchal plugs for Antibes and st tropez
    in Croatia its mainly CEE, or nothing !
    what do you have on the boat? we have 2 x Blue CEE32A
    I have convertors from
    M red CEE63A to 3 x F Blue 32A
    M red CEE32A to 3 x F Blue 32A
    and a few M Blue 16A to F Blue 32A

and I also have a LBOK convertor, but that's only for those who know how to use it, lets not go in to that
    All details received on PM. Thanks a lot. I will contact AS in advance.

Oh yes! I also have one Marchal plug onboard, from my stay at Port Vauban. I remember that I had paid a ridiculously high price for that and my boat had stayed there only for one month. I still keep it on board but never had seen necessity for that again unfortunately.

I have all adapters from 16A to 63A. In Croatia the small ports usually have only 16A, which is OK for me as we don't switch on the AC that much. I just need to be careful that the hob and the water heater should not operate at the same time. Usually I turn off the water heater in order to avoid unwanted shut-downs.

I have 4x250W solar panels, which feed my batteries. Life is much easier for me on boat since I installed them. Generator hours dropped drastically and I don't need to check the battery level every now and then.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast