Round the island only has 799 entrys at the moment,
    very low compaired to a few years back,

Default Re: Entering regattas

Quote Originally Posted by olly_love View Post
    Round the island only has 799 entrys at the moment,
    very low compaired to a few years back,
    I think that's not too bad actually...
    http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread...highlight=rtir

Last year it was 100 more a month later....
    You never know, I might be right!

RTI now looking pretty good. 1060 with 3 weeks to go, 1204 was the total last year. IRC looks like it's going to beat last year, 320 entered to date, 341 was last year's total.

Cowes though.... 74 in the IRC classes. That's very light...

Quote Originally Posted by flaming View Post
    RTI now looking pretty good. 1060 with 3 weeks to go, 1204 was the total last year. IRC looks like it's going to beat last year, 320 entered to date, 341 was last year's total.

Cowes though.... 74 in the IRC classes. That's very light...
    Really Surprising tbh,

a lot of the First 40 Charter boats haven't entered which is odd as they are normally the first lot,

Wonder what will happen to the classes perhaps just 4 or 5 of them?

I suspect the change with the fastnet has caused it.

Quote Originally Posted by olly_love View Post
    Really Surprising tbh,

a lot of the First 40 Charter boats haven't entered which is odd as they are normally the first lot,

Wonder what will happen to the classes perhaps just 4 or 5 of them?

I suspect the change with the fastnet has caused it.
    Most of the First 40 charter guys are doing the fastnet, Maybe they don't think they can make it back in time...? There are a few fastnet boats entered, but anything expecting to take 4 days or more, so finishing on Thursday is really going to struggle to get back from Plymouth and turned into inshore mode in time for Saturday. Can't really blame CWL I think, they chose the dates to avoid a week of spring tides and the dates are published years in advance RORC then changed their dates... I do wonder if RORC would have been better going 2 weeks earlier instead of 1 to help Cowes, but then as discussed before it's quite clear that RORC doesn't give 2 hoots about inshore racing...

Hopefully they will still keep the 8 classes... IRC racing is best when the splits are small, not the fleets big. I note that the NOR states the SIs will be published on the 5th of July, so I guess we'll see then...

Quote Originally Posted by flaming View Post
    Most of the First 40 charter guys are doing the fastnet, Maybe they don't think they can make it back in time...? There are a few fastnet boats entered, but anything expecting to take 4 days or more, so finishing on Thursday is really going to struggle to get back from Plymouth and turned into inshore mode in time for Saturday. Can't really blame CWL I think, they chose the dates to avoid a week of spring tides and the dates are published years in advance RORC then changed their dates... I do wonder if RORC would have been better going 2 weeks earlier instead of 1 to help Cowes, but then as discussed before it's quite clear that RORC doesn't give 2 hoots about inshore racing...

Hopefully they will still keep the 8 classes... IRC racing is best when the splits are small, not the fleets big. I note that the NOR states the SIs will be published on the 5th of July, so I guess we'll see then...
    RORC is, and never has been about inshore Racing. Started when Offore racing was more fast cruising not about folk sitting on the windward rail of big dinghies.

Two hoots means a postponement or someone OCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy32 View Post
    RORC is, and never has been about inshore Racing. Started when Offore racing was more fast cruising not about folk sitting on the windward rail of big dinghies.

Agree, kinda, but then they still run the IRC nationals as an inshore event.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy32 View Post

Clue is in the name, it's not RIRC is it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12