Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Re: Total newbie looking for tons of advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bbroomlea View Post
    Our old one is up for sale with NYA and I can vouch that she is in immaculate condition: https://www.nya.co.uk/boats-for-sale/sealine-s28-14/
    That is a tidy looking boat - go and see that as a benchmark - but don't sign anything !

More aimed at boats for angling but loads of good info/terminology in the free book available for download on the link below.

http://www.boat-angling.co.uk/free-downloads/

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyWoo View Post
    That is a tidy looking boat - go and see that as a benchmark - but don't sign anything !
    Its gorgeous.Ii want one now! However i want to do all the courses first and get some practice under my belt, so im looking jan feb next year for purchasing 'my baby'. Can you change the name of a boat? Ive heard people say that its unlucky?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenlivet View Post
    More aimed at boats for angling but loads of good info/terminology in the free book available for download on the link below.

http://www.boat-angling.co.uk/free-downloads/
    Brilliant, all downloaded and sent to my family as well. Thankyou!

Quote Originally Posted by Nosealegsyet View Post
    Its gorgeous.Ii want one now! However i want to do all the courses first and get some practice under my belt, so im looking jan feb next year for purchasing 'my baby'. Can you change the name of a boat? Ive heard people say that its unlucky?
    The S28 in that link is on her 4th name - we gave it Double Trouble as we bought it for more space when our twins were born.

I was told to rename out of the water to suppress any suspicious stuff :-)

Firstly go do amotorboating course and you will be able to ask lots of questions and get a better feel. How many people would be sleeping on it at a time a towable boat will not be large probably a Cuddy or Bowrider depending on your overnighting requirements. Iyour budget tbf will get you alot of Trailer able boats.and even new boats. What is the towing capacity of your Motorhome. If you plan to tow the boat that will limit choice. To be honest if I was in your shoes I would but a small 18-20ft Cuddy cabin for about 5-10k including trailer which will give you a towable boat and then if you were happy with that size you could upgrade to a newer boat either bigger or similar.

Love it!
    Itís like a superstition to counteract a superstition.
    Iíll remember that one.

The S28 in that link is on her 4th name - we gave it Double Trouble as we bought it for more space when our twins were born.

lol!. I would want to give her my own name, then i would really beleive she was mine if you see what i mean.

Quote Originally Posted by thesaintlyone View Post
    Firstly go do amotorboating course and you will be able to ask lots of questions and get a better feel. How many people would be sleeping on it at a time a towable boat will not be large probably a Cuddy or Bowrider depending on your overnighting requirements. Iyour budget tbf will get you alot of Trailer able boats.and even new boats. What is the towing capacity of your Motorhome. If you plan to tow the boat that will limit choice. To be honest if I was in your shoes I would but a small 18-20ft Cuddy cabin for about 5-10k including trailer which will give you a towable boat and then if you were happy with that size you could upgrade to a newer boat either bigger or similar.
    Looking at boats and listening to people advice on here, im not going down the towing route now. In reality on dry land the boats look far bigger than they are in the water, so im knocking the towing on the head.So now i can afford to go for something bigger. I looked at an S28 today at Littlehampton, that was right up my street, however it was well used, and i dont want one that is.I am going to have to increase my budget for sure, but at least i have more options now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosealegsyet View Post
    Looking at boats and listening to people advice on here, im not going down the towing route now. In reality on dry land the boats look far bigger than they are in the water, so im knocking the towing on the head.So now i can afford to go for something bigger. I looked at an S28 today at Littlehampton, that was right up my street, however it was well used, and i dont want one that is.I am going to have to increase my budget for sure, but at least i have more options now.
    Well used is not always a bad thing, Iíd rather have a boat with 1000 hours and a full service history than a 300 hour boat with none.
    I used to have an s28, budget £2k a year for servicing costs.
    After years of different boats and engine types, s shaft drive boat is definitely the way forward as far as Iím concerned !

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast