Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Can anyone identify the make and model of this sports cruiser?

Quote Originally Posted by stelican View Post
    Think it was Bob

I know the one you mean and it's not that, I think this is very much based on the Falcon hull, the other one was a shocking attempt at a Sunseeker Hawk 37 if I recall?

Iíd be thinking it might have an Italian look about it maybe ? Defo not a falcon. I do recognise it though.

Personally think its looks a rather neat and purposeful boat.
    Possibly a generic hull and finished by skipper/ custom builder
    Looks to be UK or European in style,Scandinavian ?,basically rather a substantial built especially around the windscreen not a flimsy USA import .
    What outdrives ?
    If built this side of pond more likely to have Volvo legs rather than "Black Anchor" Mercruisers. ?
    Last edited by oldgit; 17-05-19 at 06:54.

It's a very solidly built boat with high quality fittings all round Lewmar hatches etc. 2 X Volvo Penta aqad41 diesels on dp legs.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgit View Post
    Personally think its looks a rather neat and purposeful boat.
    Possibly a generic hull and finished by skipper/ custom builder
    Looks to be UK or European in style,Scandinavian ?,basically rather a substantial built especially around the windscreen not a flimsy USA import .
    What outdrives ?
    If built this side of pond more likely to have Volvo legs rather than "Black Anchor" Mercruisers. ?
    As contentious as ever. And no matter how many times you get bitten by your own words your faith remains unshakeable. There should be an award for that

Quote Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
    As contentious as ever. And no matter how many times you get bitten by your own words your faith remains unshakeable. There should be an award for that
    Perhaps Ancient Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
    Its called over 60 years of working on the water, just being involved with boats and making all the mistakes it is possible to make...... some.... ie with outdrives, several times over.
    I never listened to good advice from all the old bouys to avoid outdrives like the plague either. but one does learn the hard way eventually., Sigh.
    Last edited by oldgit; 17-05-19 at 11:59.

Oh jeez. This is really getting to me now. As a self considered total boat geek...itís driving me nuts.
    Itís almost a cross between a fairline sunfury (the square windows) and something like a late 80ís early 90ís Bavaria or similar.
    Even cranchi thoughts are there too. Itís defo European I would say.

Right.

Iím going to take a gamble on it being some sort of colvic craft or colvic sunquest.
    As we all know, colvic are well known for taking hulls from different sources and either putting their own finish on it or letting the buyer do it their self. It has all the markings of the bigger colvic sunquests. Just canít find one that size.

Just need to get it at the right price, the fact it is an unknown quantity would be a helpful point in your favour,simply because of lack of interest from other folks looking for that type of boat..
    Name of well known builder in an advert would reassure folks that it might be worth time and effort to travel some distance to view boat.
    Something nobody has heard of could considerbly reduce other interested buyers to zero.
    Only somebody standing by the boat might appreciate its attractions and bid.
    Accidently discovered a boat a few years ago under similar circumstances, lost and ignored in Boats UK yard up in Essex, lying among the Squadrons and Targas.
    A bid secured the boat which turned out to probably the best purchase ever.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast