Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 65
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,399

    Default Re: WIndward Boat Keeps Clear?

    The tide was the same for both of you, so makes no difference.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    286

    Default Re: WIndward Boat Keeps Clear?

    Are you aware that you were both on starboard tack according to the diagrams?

    With this new information, yes you were the stand-on vessel and she should have given way

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    London / Suffolk
    Posts
    706

    Default Re: WIndward Boat Keeps Clear?

    Quote Originally Posted by anoccasionalyachtsman View Post
    The tide was the same for both of you, so makes no difference.
    except I was being pushed to port and he was being pushed forward due to our angles to the tide
    Someone more informed will come along any minute

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    London / Suffolk
    Posts
    706

    Default Re: WIndward Boat Keeps Clear?

    Quote Originally Posted by TLouth7 View Post
    Are you aware that you were both on starboard tack according to the diagrams?

    With this new information, yes you were the stand-on vessel and she should have given way
    Are you aware that you have just hit the nail on the head with what's wrong with my description?

    (* Co-codomol does not seem to help my brain work )
    Someone more informed will come along any minute

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    286

    Default Re: WIndward Boat Keeps Clear?

    Quote Originally Posted by dolabriform View Post
    Are you aware that you have just hit the nail on the head with what's wrong with my description?
    Nice, I was worried we were all going mad. I'd blame it on the flu if I were you...

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    London / Suffolk
    Posts
    706

    Default Re: WIndward Boat Keeps Clear?

    Quote Originally Posted by bbg View Post
    Not trying to be condescending, but do you know what it means to be on starboard tack and port tack?
    Apologies, it appears that right now I don't
    Someone more informed will come along any minute

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    A Member State of the European Union
    Posts
    3,774

    Default Re: WIndward Boat Keeps Clear?

    Quote Originally Posted by dolabriform View Post
    Apologies, it appears that right now I don't
    Have a whisky and hot water and sit by the fire.
    'To lay the foundations of an ever closer union among the peoples of Europe' (EC Treaty)

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlantic
    Posts
    18,873

    Default Re: WIndward Boat Keeps Clear?

    Quote Originally Posted by Poignard View Post
    Have a whisky and hot water and sit by the fire.
    Go to bed and take a hot woman every four hours.


    Yeah yeah I know it's 2019 but cmon.......

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    London / Suffolk
    Posts
    706

    Default Re: WIndward Boat Keeps Clear?

    Quote Originally Posted by capnsensible View Post
    Go to bed and take a hot woman every four hours.


    Yeah yeah I know it's 2019 but cmon.......
    I had to read that 3 times before I understood... I'm definitely not well
    Someone more informed will come along any minute

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    432

    Default Re: WIndward Boat Keeps Clear?

    This is fun...and continuing the theme....who gives way in this situation and does the headsail in Posn A make any difference?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to