Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Acrylic Windscreen Haze Removing?

Hi all

So my 90ís Sunseeker was in the med for most of its life. Windscreen is a bit hazy from all that sun. Not a problem now in the Irish Sea

Whatís the best method to bring back the clarity?

Not sure I have the bottle to wet sand! And decent products out there anyone has used?

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Acrylic Windscreen Haze Removing?

You can get a product for polishing cat headlights . Plast Rx of something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynG View Post
    You can get a product for polishing cat headlights . Plast Rx of something like that.
    Yes, agree with the car headlight restorers, there are plenty of options around.

I was blown away by just how easy and how good the results were using the 3m headlight restoration kit. However I was only doing a small panel (motorcycle windscreen). I think you would struggle using a headlight restorer kit on something as large as a boat windscreen. However buying the kit and doing a small patch on your windscreen may give you the confidence to replicate it using a proper polisher / sander duplicating drill speeds and the step up grades of wet and dry sandpaper through to polishing pad. (I used a battery powered drill so rpm was quite low)
    e.g. https://groveshop.co.uk/polishes-com...SABEgLSGvD_BwE

Thanks all

PlastrX ordered. Will give that ago before stepping up to Sanding etc...

Thanks again

from what's worth, a cranchi two boats away had badly faded screen restored in an afternoon with a guy working his way with a full size polisher, no idea what he used but it was reasonably quick. Will check tomorrow from near how good they look.

V

Quote Originally Posted by vas View Post
    from what's worth, a cranchi two boats away had badly faded screen restored in an afternoon with a guy working his way with a full size polisher, no idea what he used but it was reasonably quick. Will check tomorrow from near how good they look.

V
    Cheers Vas. I’ve got a big polisher so will have a go with that. The stuff I’m buying can be used with a polisher

If that fails as it did for me do yourself a favour, get the 3M I mentioned above. Find a old beat up piece of acrylic sheet from a building skip and give it a whirl. You will surprise yourself. The biggest hurdle to get over is realising that the coarse piece of wet and dry that just turned the sheet opaque is actually fundamental to making the job so easy to buff up and polish afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
    If that fails as it did for me do yourself a favour, get the 3M I mentioned above. Find a old beat up piece of acrylic sheet from a building skip and give it a whirl. You will surprise yourself. The biggest hurdle to get over is realising that the coarse piece of wet and dry that just turned the sheet opaque is actually fundamental to making the job so easy to buff up and polish afterwards.
    Will do....or you can pop over and do it

No chance. You already said there wasnt a funbox on the island deep enough to satiate the Conwy mob. Why should I believe you now?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast