Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Cleaning out grey tank?

9A3A8604-2BC6-428E-A2AB-CE70195F4BAC.jpeg

Ok team after considering all options I took the advice of NormanS and did it by hand! It means a guarant ed result! 2 hours later and 10kg of pure evil in a bucket... the tank is clean!

I'm my word that was on the top 10 list of all time crap boat jobs. Glad to have it sorted though. All my greybwater goes into this tank before going overboard via pump. I'm seriously considering making a new seaksock under kitchen sink with a 3 way valve so the sink can drain directly overboard most of time and then just divert to the grey tank when in a marina.

One more hole in the boat but worth it you recon?

Default Re: Cleaning out grey tank?

Quote Originally Posted by northcave View Post
    9A3A8604-2BC6-428E-A2AB-CE70195F4BAC.jpeg

Ok team after considering all options I took the advice of NormanS and did it by hand! It means a guarant ed result! 2 hours later and 10kg of pure evil in a bucket... the tank is clean!

I'm my word that was on the top 10 list of all time crap boat jobs. Glad to have it sorted though. All my greybwater goes into this tank before going overboard via pump. I'm seriously considering making a new seaksock under kitchen sink with a 3 way valve so the sink can drain directly overboard most of time and then just divert to the grey tank when in a marina.

One more hole in the boat but worth it you recon?
    Eh, there was one aspect of my advice, that I omitted. It's my wife who actually does the job.

If your galley is situated high enough for a simple gravity drain, then yes, I would do as you suggest. Our grey tank takes everything from the galley, the washhand basin in the toilet, and the shower well, unfortunately all below sea level.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12