Default Hempel Silic One

I'm nearing completion of applying Silic one to my 7 metre sports cruiser and will be launching next week. I think my use of the boat matches the requirements in order to be self cleaning. I.e. 20 knots plus.

For application over existing and sound antifoul I applied a 2 pack primer followed by a tie coat 4 hrs later. This is very rubbery in texture and provides a good surface for the magic potion called Silic one!

The Silic one is very viscous but goes on well if you don't rush the job. I estimate the area I'm coating is around 17 M2. I used 2.5 tins for the first coat which matches the 7.5 M2 per tin cover they state in the instructions.

I'll be putting the 2nd coat on this weekend. I'll report back on how it performs as the brochure says " makes you go faster"......IMG_20190515_161429.jpgIMG_20190516_181411.jpg

Default Re: Hempel Silic One

Nick

I hope you will be ready for the Rally...…… We want a piece of your Cake.

I would have thought with your outboard you could already go faster...……………… Are you still cruising round or will it be a trailer again this year.

It looks good by the way
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

Cruising down Dennis, 100 nm. Wind forecast showing gentle breeze into next week. I only need 5 hrs to get there but may stop at Portland overnight if setting off on Wednesday.

When are you arriving?

Cake being prepared....

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Property View Post
    Cruising down Dennis, 100 nm. Wind forecast showing gentle breeze into next week. I only need 5 hrs to get there but may stop at Portland overnight if setting off on Wednesday.

When are you arriving?

Cake being prepared....
    We should be there Friday for launch but tide at low water about 16.00. We are staying for 10 days total to cover the air show...….

Good luck on the trip round
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.