Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reversing Woes

Default Re: Reversing Woes

Just a relatively cheap and easy way to try would be a wifi gopro "style" sports camera, transmitting to either your phone or a tablet. They make tons of cheap mounting options too. You could get the whole package on amazon for less than 50 quid.

Yes. Why complain about a sticky throttle?

The sticky throttle must be a significant part of the problem. So , as said, fixing that is priority over a camera.
    If the canopy gets in the way remove it. Or consider some modification to allow part of the canopy to be rolled up or removed.
    Training the chief officer to help with guiding you may also be a option?

Sticky throttle under investigation. Canopy rolls up at sides and back but leaves the corner. Probably need to exercise the neck a little more so it screws round better. Training the admiral not an option. Thanks for your thoughts!

I fitted a small keyhole camera of ebay into the airscoop of my previous boat connected to my plotter. Cost peanuts and worked a treat. It was good in the first year or 2 help if mooring on the blind side. Used it less as I got to know the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryA View Post
    Sticky throttle under investigation. Canopy rolls up at sides and back but leaves the corner. Probably need to exercise the neck a little more so it screws round better. Training the admiral not an option. Thanks for your thoughts!
    Would altering the canopy to allow the corner to roll up be a big job?

Hi all, first post. New to boating but the first thing I bought for my quicksilver was a rear view mirror. I donít really use it for reversing but to see angle of outboard when underway. Told u I was new!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12