Default Draft stripes on old sail - how to add

Hi,
    I would like to add draft stripe on used sail - how you would recommend to do it? I was thinking either permanent marker (bit ugly) or adhesive sail cloth - like the one used for numbers in Laser etc. I am looking for recommendations. Mainsail is 10 m^2, genoa around 8 m^2.

Default Re: Draft stripes on old sail - how to add

Quote Originally Posted by slawosz View Post
    Hi,
    I would like to add draft stripe on used sail - how you would recommend to do it? I was thinking either permanent marker (bit ugly) or adhesive sail cloth - like the one used for numbers in Laser etc. I am looking for recommendations. Mainsail is 10 m^2, genoa around 8 m^2.
    Just google "Draft stripe tape" and you will find a whole load of options from the cheap polyester stuff to more expensive glow in the dark tape from Glowfast.

Hi Slawosz,

You will want to use 20 or 25mm insgnia, you should be able to get some from you local sailmaker or you can buy a roll from Kayospruce.

You then need to decide where you want to position them. I always go 25% 50% 75% but some lofts do 33% 66% (less work but less info)

You can then find the position they need to go on the sail by folding the sail in half and quaters.
    www.highwatersails.com - Sail Faster, Sail Further

make sure you thoroughly clean the cloth first , hard to stick onto old sails , when stuck on blow over with a warm hairdryer and squeeze down against hard surface below with a straight edge of some sort . If sails are laminate stick on non taffeta side .