Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Calling all Channel island 22 owners!

Im looking for some info. Currently have a CI22 that has a turbo fitted to a ford 2715e. No intercooler and the engine hasnt had its compression lowered. Best guess is the turbo ups the 86hp to approx 100-110hp, of course it may do very little!.

Im looking for prop info. Currently shes not getting to max revs at WOT but there is some black smoke at WOT suggesting either fuel, air or fouled prop issues.
    Shes due to be lifted out in the next few weeks for antifouling and new seacocks as they are pretty far gone, so i can look at the cutlass bearing and prop then to see if its fouled or oversized which i suspect.

Has anyone got, or had a single 86hp CI22? What rpm was your max, what size prop did you have and what was your cruising/top speed?

Currently getting 9kts cruising with about 11.5kts top speed at WOT but not at max rpm.

Online ive seen ads for other CI22's with 86hp, 1 claiming cruising speeds of 8kts with max 10, another claiming 10kts cruising with max of 15kts.

If i knew what to aim for, and what shes capable of, i can get a suitable prop made whilst shes out.
    Ive contacted 3 prop manufacturers so far and getting info is seeming harder than getting blood from a stone.

Also, anyone know what shaft size is typical?
    Thanks
    G.

Default Re: Calling all Channel island 22 owners!

www.clementsmarine.co.uk paul williams may e able to assist??

Thanks. Ive tried clements a couple of times. Each time ive been told to email them boat spec, each time i have, only to receive an email back either apologising for not replying sooner, or askig for more details. When i email them back what they've asked for, i get no reply 😧.
    Much the same with hamble marine who ive called and been told will call back, only to call again a week later and have an apology for not replying, be told they will call back and receive nothing.

Sometimes i think i talk in swahili for all the good it has done!

I thought a 2715E was a 6 pot? In which case the NA version is 120hp, the turbo 150hp plus.

The 4 pots are 80hp NA, and I think 110hp with a turbo.

Which is yours?

Hi Burgundyben, its a 4cyl. I thought the N/A were 86hp but 6hp is nothing in the grand scheme. Defo got 4 and not 6 mind.

I did also reply to omega2, but seems the post hasnt made it here yet.
    Ive spoken to clements a few times on the phone and not had any help from them at all ie saying theyl call back and never doing so, then saying they will call back about my no call back, and not doing so! .
    However ive just inputted the details into their quote section and hopefully the prospect of a sale will shift them into answering.

Your spot on actually. It was a typo. It should have been 2712e which is definately the 4cyl

If you are getting 11 kts ish with a dirty bottom that’s not far off
    Whoever is claiming 15 kts with 86 hp has their rollocks in a twist
    No chance
    What revs you maxing at now?
    Jerk of all Trades Master of None

Quote Originally Posted by Lutefiskgeorge View Post
    Your spot on actually. It was a typo. It should have been 2712e which is definately the 4cyl
    So you have a 4 pot Dorset block with a turbo but no charge cooler? I would guess you have around 120hp.

Clean the bottom and see how she goes. She's not going to get much quicker.

I had one with the same engine, about 12 knots max speed.
    I thought mine was the proper mermaid 150, but the person who bought it contacted me afterwards to tell me it was just a standard dorset unit with a turbo added.

Hi George. Im murvs buyer with a 80hp dorset thats had a turbo added. Shes had her bum cleaned and new antifoul added, im maxing out at 2200 revs WOT, and getting 12.5kts ish. Ive got bits to do on her that im hoping will get the revs up, but no fouled prop, cutlass fine and definately no black smoke.
    Watching this thread. Like you it would be good to hear from someone who has the same engine but is acheiving max revs.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast