Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Calling all Channel island 22 owners!

Yes shes definately just had a turbo added and no intercooler etc. The previous owner did it. Pretty sure shes clean, was coppercoated before being put in on delivery in october.

Murv/flipflop do you know what size prop she has? Or the shaft size at all?

Ive seen an ad for a boat on here with a ford mermaid meteor N/A. About 54hp i beleive. Owners claim she poodles along all day at 9/10kts. I presume this is cruising speed. If thats only 54hp then i should be getting more no?
    Someone posted a CI22 booklet on here that states twin 54hp will max out at 17kts. So maybe just maybe?!
    Esiest thing i can think is shes overpropped. Or fishing line fouling the prop.

Flipflop. Maybe 2200 is max revs? Seems low tbh. Engine plate says 2500 max rpm but maybe its reduced with age? Seems funny both of us maxing at 2200ish if thats not max.
    Let me know if you get it figured.
    Cheers
    G

I used to get to just over 2400 rpm on my old CI22 with the 150hp engine, max speed about 18kts.

Mine had a mermaid turbo 200 ,went like a bat outa hell. But I could not keep a straight course, I had a good offer for her and was happy to let her go!

Ask to speak to Paul Williams, at Clements, he is the man and is very helpful, cannot speak for the "office" bods.

Longjohnsilver, your max revs being lower than given max is Good to know. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    Mine had a mermaid turbo 200 ,went like a bat outa hell. But I could not keep a straight course, I had a good offer for her and was happy to let her go!
    Rich, how fast did she go with a 200hp turbo?! Shame she couldnt keep course. Ever find out why?

Quote Originally Posted by omega2 View Post
    Ask to speak to Paul Williams, at Clements, he is the man and is very helpful, cannot speak for the "office" bods.
    I will do Omega2. Thanks

I’d recommend you consider a 4 blade prop. Worth discussing with Clements, or whoever else you use. I’d also recommend C&O Engineering in Newton Abbot and maybe Teignbridge Propellors, also in Newton Abbot.

As for the CI with the 200hp engine, that was way overpowered and would have been virtually planing, which it was never designed to do, hence the steering issues.

Quote Originally Posted by longjohnsilver View Post
    I’d recommend you consider a 4 blade prop. Worth discussing with Clements, or whoever else you use. I’d also recommend C&O Engineering in Newton Abbot and maybe Teignbridge Propellors, also in Newton Abbot.

As for the CI with the 200hp engine, that was way overpowered and would have been virtually planing, which it was never designed to do, hence the steering issues.
    Just contacted both LJS, thank you.
    Why a 4 blade? Smoother running? Would top speed be affected with a 4 blade compared to a 3?
    Thanks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast