Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Hampton Court Place Moorings BEWARE

And in case any clever Dick quotes this:

Section 10 (3) of the Environment Agency (Inland Waterways) Order 2010 does allow the EA to supply information held for the purposes of the order (e.g. registration details) "to any person who can show to the satisfaction of the Agency or the Secretary of State reasonable cause for wanting the particulars made available to that person".

Is not in their statement on use of personal data and is probably illegal under GDPR anyway

I don't think the EA realise what GDPR really involves...

Quote Originally Posted by normskib View Post
    So after all the gobbledygook should the EA Have given all my private information to district enforcement Ltd as this is not a criminal offence its just a mooring charge notice not a penalty charge enforceable by law , I would like to know the consensus of opinion whatís the verdict appeal ? Or pay and be damned the jury is out ! Up to you
    They have a problem.

I have now spoken to the ICO who agree there appears to have been a personal data breach.

I have requested a copy of the recorded call from DE which stated they got my details from the EA.

I am also awaiting a call from a Mrs Tollesley at the appropriate office EA with regard to this....

Will be back with results sometime over the next year or so

Barbera Tillesly is apparently calling me back again after further investigations....

And another thing Iíve just been in touch with district enforcement moring to ask when somebody lodges and appeal who makes the decision whether to go ahead with The decision to enforce the mooring charge notice ? Answer We do !!! Good to know that when you do appeal DE Are Judge jury and the ones hoping to get with any luck £100 out of you

Interestingly we just received a £100 fine for a boat sold 4 years ago!! EA all informed at the time etc....

When you think about it, how could this company ever enforce anything without that data?

My suspicion is that DE got access to the licence database when they were previously acting for EA and have a copy of it stored locally. Hence "fines" being sent to people that have sold their boats.....
    So EA may be in the clear but DE are not.

Interesting passage from the Motoring Section of DE's website (but nothing similar for moorings)

We fully support proposals for tighter statutory control of our industry. The negative public perception of the sector is largely due to the coercive and often extortionate practices of the less reputable operators. We are proud to be one of the limited number of operators accepted on to our Trade Association's Accredited Operator Scheme, which puts us in the privileged position of being able to request Registered Keeper details from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency via their electronic KADOE (Keeper at Date of Event) system, in connection with notifying vehicle keepers of unpaid parking charges.

If you wish to make a complaint regarding the service received, please notify us in writing or alternatively submit your complaint via this website. Once received, the matter will be reviewed by one of our complaint handlers. We endeavour to respond to all complaints within 28 days of receipt.

Please note that our complaints team will not look at the validity of the parking charge issued but rather our compliance with Company Policies or our Industry Code of Practice.

If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint you may escalate it to our regulatory body, the International Parking Community (The IPC). The IPC will only review your complaint if you have first attempted to resolve the matter with ourselves. Click here to visit the IPC website.

Since 2013 we have been IMS International ISO 9001 certified for our quality management processes and policies.

Every aspect of the operating practices we employ are always open to inspection from any regulatory body. These have been inspected and/or assessed in the past both as part of our trade association membership requirements and also at our own request. They are also open to inspection by such bodies at any point in the future. We are confident that we will continue to be viewed as trading in the most ethical manner.

Additionally, and in line with our transparency policy and commitment to fairness, we are answerable to the following organisations, who also insist on a strict code of conduct. Through our registration or having been audited by these bodies, our processes and ethics are open to scrutiny by our clients and users of our clients' parking facilities.

We are required to comply with a number of regulatory measures in terms of how we use your personal data. If you have any concerns regarding this, you may wish to contact the relevant authority by clicking one of the links below:

Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency

Information Commissioner's Office

Not wishing to criticise (but I seem to be); isn't this a matter that the TMBA should be getting involved with?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast