Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Hampton Court Place Moorings BEWARE

Quote Originally Posted by normskib View Post
    As a point of interest, as laws have not been broken with this mooring charge notice, what right does the EA have to give access to my personal details to a 3rd party (DE) without my consent? And who else have the EA given my details - and those of other people - to? Surely, our personal information is protected by the Data Protection Act.
    The EA & DE may have an agreement to supply contact data regarding EA moorings but I have no contract with the EA that gives my consent, that I'm aware of.

As Gibeltarik notes, the EA and or DE using our data for HRP or LA moorings is a likely breach of GDPR. I've written to the EA's data protection officer seeking clarification.
    When I was in the Navy ...

I wonder if you happened to be drying a damp towel draped over the boat name would they be allowed to remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Outinthedinghy View Post
    I wonder if you happened to be drying a damp towel draped over the boat name would they be allowed to remove it.
    Not without a level 2 warrant!

Section 10 (3) of the Environment Agency (Inland Waterways) Order 2010 does allow the EA to supply information held for the purposes of the order (e.g. registration details) "to any person who can show to the satisfaction of the Agency or the Secretary of State reasonable cause for wanting the particulars made available to that person".

This particular clause is all the more worrying when viewed in the context of the rest of Section 10 which prevents disclosure of information by the EA to anyone other than a specified responsible authority, which in relation to vessels is described only as a navigation authority, BW Board or the Secretary of State.

Your first port of call, should be to the EA to ask them to provide you with the information given to them as a reasonable cause for wanting your particulars made available.

RCC has moved our visitor signing in book from public view, previously located on the desk by the entrance, it is now behind the bar.
    You now have to ask for it to be produced.
    It you can actually read any of the hand scrawled details in the book, you should be working for the decryption section of MI5.
    Club members all recently had to sign some sort of disclaimer regards club holding data.

Well this is becoming curiouser and curiouser I got in touch with the Environment Agency agency this morning and they stated to me categorically they did not give out information to a third party because it would be in breach of the data protection act , I then got in touch with district enforcement the management company regulates the moorings Hampton Court when I asked them where they got their information from as I don’t leave my name and address on the side of the boat they stated we get it from the environment agency we get information from them all the time As I said curiouser and curiouser .

Hello,

I believe that GDPR trumps the IWO 2010 but if you look at the current paragraph 17 of your registration application form you will see that EA have amended the form in the light of GDPR.

However - they should still not be sharing info with DE unless it is connection with an EA owned mooring when DE are acting as their agents. Is the enforcement contract still with DE I wonder?

17 Boat registration privacy notice, continued Our personal information charter explains your rights and how we deal with your information. You can access the charter at https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...nment‐ag ency/about/personal‐information‐charter or go to GOV.UK and search 'Environment Agency personal information charter'. The data we need The personal data we collect includes: • Names, addresses and contact details We are allowed to process your personal data because we have official authority to issue boat registrations for the waterways        where we are the navigation authority. The lawful basis for processing your personal data is to perform a task in the public interest that is set out in law. If you do not give us the personal data requested then we will not be able to process your boat registration application. What we do with your data We use your personal data to take payment, issue a suitable boat registration and make sure conditions of the registration are met. We will also contact you with important information relating to your registration, boat safety, navigation and environmental matters. We may use the personal information you give us to: • consult with you on registration, boat safety, navigation and environmental issues • ask for your feedback on our service We will share your personal data with our design, mailing and email service providers to allow delivery of your registration renewal and eNewsletters. These service providers are data processors. We may also share your data with a data processor to ask for your feedback or to take part in consultations. Data processors working on our behalf will only use your personal data in line with this privacy notice. We do not use your data to make an automated decision or for automated profiling. How long we keep your data We will keep your personal data for 7 years after the registration period has expired, in line with our information retention policy. Where your personal data is processed and stored We store and process your personal data on our servers in the UK. We will not transfer the personal data that you provide outside the European Economic Area. Contact details You can contact our Data Protection Officer at: Data Protection team, Environment Agency, Horizon House, Deanery Road, Bristol, BS1 5AH Email: dataprotection@environment‐agency.gov.uk The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) is the supervisory authority for data protection legislation. The ICO website has a full list of your rights under data protection legislation. You can access this at the following link: https://ico.org.uk/your‐data‐matters

I am currently in the process of making a formal complaint to the EA's Data protection officer about them disclosing my name and address to District enforcement.

Nobody else could have known the name and address used to register my boat, so it could on ly have been the EA, and DE informed me of this fact too, just like the original posters case.

There is a clear breach of GDPR and it's not just me by the sound of things...

So after all the gobbledygook should the EA Have given all my private information to district enforcement Ltd as this is not a criminal offence its just a mooring charge notice not a penalty charge enforceable by law , I would like to know the consensus of opinion what’s the verdict appeal ? Or pay and be damned the jury is out ! Up to you

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast