Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Re: Hampton Court Place Moorings BEWARE

Chris d I agree it is affecting the casual use of the river, but without such measures we couldn't use the river at all. And again, the EA may be in breach of GDPR, and I certainly sympathize with the OP, but it's all to get back some sort of control over the many freeloaders using the river who don't want to pay their way.

Reading this thread makes me awfully glad we had our Thames visit last year, we thoroughly enjoyed our time and did not have any random "fines" I am glad to say. Something like that could make one not wish to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Leighb View Post
    Reading this thread makes me awfully glad we had our Thames visit last year, we thoroughly enjoyed our time and did not have any random "fines" I am glad to say. Something like that could make one not wish to return.
    FWIW - and for potential visitors, it's only at Hampton Court Palace where there has been an issue.
    DE only operate two sites on the Thames, HCP and Reading. The site in the centre of Reading is clearly marked, but the mooring near Tesco's superstore is not (or was when we last passed by).

Though inconvenient, it's hardly a show stopper.
    Last edited by TrueBlue; 24-05-19 at 16:18.

I’m afraid your wrong there True Blue DE are now running rough shod over Barge Walk in Kingston ��

Unfortunately the box has been opened, just look at this DE sign used in Reading:
    DE.JPG
    You don't even have to touch the bank to incur a fine.
    TVM started this format with all the best intentions, but it is now being copied by other riparian owners up and down the river. Can you imagine a river lined with CCTV and boat name recognition tech, it hardly new anymore.
    Is this really what boaters want?
    Personaly I was pleased the TVM was dropped by the EA and this method of enforcement, I know others disagree but you have to be careful what you wish for.
    Attached Images Attached Images

We’re all doomed I tell ya !

Interesting re the anchoring bit in the notice - or remaining stationary. They can trump the Thames Conservancy Act?

Alness / Black Isle Northern Scottish Highlands.

So if you slow down to "stationary" without touching the bank, in order that you can read the notice and decide whether to moor, you could get hit with the £100

I get the feeling if I were boating on the Thames right now, I would have the boat name covered up. Does it say anywhere in your river licence that you must display the boat name?

Quote Originally Posted by ProDave View Post
    So if you slow down to "stationary" without touching the bank, in order that you can read the notice and decide whether to moor, you could get hit with the £100

I get the feeling if I were boating on the Thames right now, I would have the boat name covered up. Does it say anywhere in your river licence that you must display the boat name?
    It does in the Ts & Cs - on the bow and at the stern.

The stationary bit is probably 'unlawful', given that the water 'belongs' to the EA. It's a try-on by a car parking company adapting its land based 'rules' to an unfamiliar medium. They know that a serious challenge is unlikely to appear.

Stationary bit probably unlawful ! Water belongs to the EA ! Less we forget that DE are hand in glove with the EA with the latter handing out legitimate Boaters private Data protected information to the former on request Think about the implications !!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast