Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F33 or S34

Default F33 or S34

Some may know my hunt for a S34 has been to say the least difficult.

Should I now consider the F33? What are the pros and cons between the two models.
    My original concern raised by others was that whilst up on the fly deck you can be left isolated whilst your guest are enjoying the rear deck.
    Also lack of control in windy conditions and bridge heights if we end up back on the Thames.

Advantages of all year round use and more living space are an attraction.

Your views?

Default Re: F33 or S34

Ultimately it comes down to what your preference is Russ. The F33 is a great package but with some downsides, which you have mentioned. The living space point is interesting because I tend to include the cockpit in this as it is inevitably where we spend most of our time. Even when we had out Broom 41 the cockpit was the first choice and we only moved to the saloon when it got a little chilly. The heating system didn’t include the cockpit on that boat and whilst I did a few upgrades I never got round to sorting the cockpit heating.

My personal view is that the lower helm on many flybridge boats is a compromise with a ‘letter box’ view through the often shallow windscreen and up top it is usually cold (in the UK).

So, perhaps unsurprisingly, it would be the S34 with cockpit heating every time for me but I am sure that an F33 owner will be along shortly to give an entirely different view
    Last edited by Greg2; 19-05-19 at 09:36.

Quote Originally Posted by kashurst View Post
    Now that is an entirely different proposition to an F33 and would probably tilt the scales a little more in favour of the flybridge because the accommodation gains are significant and windage/manouvreability issues wouldn’t be the same as with the F33

Quote Originally Posted by kashurst View Post
    I did contemplate this as there are 2 on the market at the moment. My issue was the air draft. Shafts are the big advantage though.

I tend to agree with you Greg. We do prefer the open feel to a cruiser.

Quote Originally Posted by russ View Post
    Should I now consider the F33? What are the pros and cons between the two models.

Your views?
    My berthing neighbour used to have one. Make sure you get one with a powerful bow thruster- his didnt have one. Maybe it was his lack of experience but it was a pig to berth on a windy day - many times we had to fend him off

Low speed handling on the F33 is not an issue.
    The F36 or 360 is a 50% bigger boat and possibly the best model ever made by Sealine.

Quote Originally Posted by russ View Post
    Some may know my hunt for a S34 has been to say the least difficult.

My original concern raised by others was that whilst up on the fly deck you can be left isolated whilst your guest are enjoying the rear deck.
    Also lack of control in windy conditions and bridge heights if we end up back on the Thames.

Advantages of all year round use and more living space are an attraction.

Your views?
    I think the F33 is one of sealines worst sea boats. It is awful in a quartering sea, and heels alarmingly.

If you only go out when it’s flat the accommodation is great for its size.

I’d happily own an S34 but not an F33.

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I think the F33 is one of sealines worst sea boats. It is awful in a quartering sea, and heels alarmingly. .
    I think that would apply to all small stern drive flybridge boats. I doubt the 305,310,320 or even F34 are any better/worse and the same would apply to 30ish foot models from other manufacturers.
    If found in the Brexit forum, please return to the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I think the F33 is one of sealines worst sea boats. It is awful in a quartering sea, and heels alarmingly.

If you only go out when it’s flat the accommodation is great for its size.

I’d happily own an S34 but not an F33.
    The S34 and F33 hulls look much the same in principle .
    You obviously had a bad experience in a F33 but you obviously survived. Maybe that particular sea state would have been equally bad in another boat of the same size .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast