Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Beneteau Swift Trawler 35

Quote Originally Posted by oldgit View Post
    Might have just found my next boat. How to I get it under Windsor Bridge. ?
    Just for you Oldgit, Beneteau made a sedan version
    Neither a Leaver or Remainer be

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJasper View Post
    Thanks guys. It's still a few years off and part of my retirement plan. The single engine appeals due to the reduced maintenance costs and no outdrives. Speed, I'll have much more time to enjoy the journey. Only concern is a lack of lounging space with only a single sofa.

Overall I think it's a great package and dog friendly by the looks of it!
    Ive always liked walk arounds because they are very dog friendly, but you are right I have to fight the dog for sofa space
    Neither a Leaver or Remainer be

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJasper View Post
    Thanks guys. It's still a few years off and part of my retirement plan. The single engine appeals due to the reduced maintenance costs and no outdrives. Speed, I'll have much more time to enjoy the journey. Only concern is a lack of lounging space with only a single sofa.

Overall I think it's a great package and dog friendly by the looks of it!
    My parents have a 34 having had a twin diesel sportscruiser before that and the single engine factor was a concern for them at the time. In reality the 425hp Cummins motor has been an absolute dream and (touch wood) never put a foot wrong. We've embraced life at displacement speed and grown to really enjoy it when the weather is right.

You're right about lounging space as in practice you can only sit two adults comfortably on the saloon sofa, though another person will be quite comfortable perched up on the helm seat with their back against the side of the wheelhouse.

It's definitely a dog friendly design, though try telling that to our Shetland Sheepdog

The ease of access onto the boat is a major plus point for those of us lacking the ancestory of a mountain goat....

We used to have a sports cruiser and having a doze in the cockpit with the canopy up (boat in the UK) was fantastic. This to me is the one big compromise with this boat. The flybridge is plenty big enough, but a bit exposed in our climes. But is there a perfect boat?!

On the other hand, the flybridge would be more pleasant at 10 knts as opposed to 20.

Hi . I have had a Swift Trawler 35 for 15 months now. We use it in North Wales and have been across the Irish Sea a couple of times. Once when it was very calm and more recently when it was very lumpy indeed. The boat handled all the rough stuff much better than we did. It does roll a bit on a beam sea but it needs to be quite rough for it to be a problem. We find that if you adjust your heading slightly it makes a huge difference. We have had quite a few problems with our boat (condensation , batteries burning out, heating exhaust pipe burning through water hose and dumping 800 lt water in the bilge!!) but without those it is great !! I agree that although you can do speeds of 15knots + the boat is happiest at 7 to 10 knots and at those speeds if the weather is suitable for the flybridge , it is a joy

I've got a 34 - just had the bottom done and managed 23 knots last week - for 2 minutes just to see! The last 5 motorboats I've had in the last 6 years (!) have all been capable of over 30 knots and we've much preferred 10 knots or so in all of them. We find the Trawler 34 pretty much perfect for everything, parking, sleeping, general comfort. Craning the rib off the roof is a bit of hassle but the trade off of not having it on the platform is worth it. I'd recommend a 34 to anyone and could bore for England about it! The 35 looks good and I'll look at one at the next boat show - I see there's a new 41 coming for Cannes. New ones are very pricey though.

I'm still a couple of year's away from making a purchase, but at the moment it is still the boat for me. Having 2 dogs it ticks all the boxes, but the passages will be shorter with more stops. The piece on the River Fal in this month's MB&Y has got me planning aleeady!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12