Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Beneteau Swift Trawler 35

Hi,I've been boatless for too many years now, but I'm starting to think about my next boat - the 35. Many aspects appeal to me and would be interested in your views on the 35 or 34. I believe SD hulls are a compromise and can roll like a pig. Is this true?

In addition are there any known issues with the hull. Did I read somwhere issues with delamination?

Default Re: Beneteau Swift Trawler 35

I have a ST34. It does roll a bit but Iím not sure if itís the hull or because itís very high for its length and I keep a lot of weight up top. But I donít know if it rolls more than most full displacement or planing hulls. Itís probably not the amount It rolls but more the nature of the roll, and that would probably need a lot of side by side comparison to work out. But, if money is no option, you can always get it stabilized
    Neither a Leaver or Remainer be

I did a lot of online research and I’m not aware of any hull problems, and over 400 were made.
    As far as the update, ST35 is concerned, it solves some of the 34’s problems, misses some and creates new problems of its own.

All in all I love my little boat, I like it’s Tardis like size, it’s boaty look and I especially love it’s Cummins engine. But the real problem for most people is it’s top speed (20 knots only for the first day after the hull has been cleaned) and single engine. If those things don’t bother you then it’s worth putting on your short list

ST34 is a great boat. I looked at both the 44 and 34 and found the 34 had all the usable space I needed. My only concern was the single engine for channel crossing etc.

You could always add a Seakeeper stabiliser - a friend has one on a 52' boat and it's quite remarkable really.

I spent 48 hours on the ST35 as part of our test, video here: https://www.mby.com/videos/new-boats...ift-trawler-35

And we have the used ST34 covered too, just here:

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Burnham View Post
    And we have the used ST34 covered too, just here:

Now that's teamwork

Might have just found my next boat. How to I get it under Windsor Bridge. ?

Thanks guys. It's still a few years off and part of my retirement plan. The single engine appeals due to the reduced maintenance costs and no outdrives. Speed, I'll have much more time to enjoy the journey. Only concern is a lack of lounging space with only a single sofa.

Overall I think it's a great package and dog friendly by the looks of it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast