Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Default Re: Sail to power: coming to our senses

Some points I failed to mention today.

Make sure you look at boats with good engine fits. Donít get the lowest spec, it will be under powered.

Bathroom space. The Prestige 38/390S has a tiny bathroom and a plastic shower curtain. Bzzz.

The Bav40 is much bigger than the 36. Iíve crawled all over both and the difference is noticeable.

I found the NC layout weird, and the pull out bed extension in the fore cabin just wrong. If the bed needs to be 6í8Ē long the make it that long, donít have some ridiculous pull out thing.

Fairline and Princess will be lovely, but age and budget will become a factor.

Happy to talk again.

What make of sail boat are you running at the moment ?
    Trying to gauge if this was power tools wether to recommend Makita or Parkside

Hi Porto, new Bavaria 2017 build. Solid and workmanlike, not flashy, so in the world of cars this would be a Ford or a VW.
    Graham. "Scala" now sold. Boatless.

Quote Originally Posted by mcanderson View Post

Make sure you look at boats with good engine fits. Don’t get the lowest spec, it will be under powered.

Bathroom space. The Prestige 38/390S has a tiny bathroom and a plastic shower curtain. Bzzz.

The Bav40 is much bigger than the 36. I’ve crawled all over both and the difference is noticeable.

I found the NC layout weird, and the pull out bed extension in the fore cabin just wrong. If the bed needs to be 6’8” long the make it that long, don’t have some ridiculous pull out thing.

Happy to talk again.

Hi Shane, thanks again for taking the time.

"Tiny" anything (except fuel bills of course) won't cut it...! Boat needs to be spacious enough that we don't feel cramped. Yes the extra 4' makes a lot of difference, that way lies the inevitable slide into bigger boats. I'm going to look at some possibles next week.

Quote Originally Posted by mcanderson View Post

Make sure you look at boats with good engine fits. Donít get the lowest spec, it will be under powered.

The Bav40 is much bigger than the 36. Iíve crawled all over both and the difference is noticeable.

I found the NC layout weird, and the pull out bed extension in the fore cabin just wrong. If the bed needs to be 6í8Ē long the make it that long, donít have some ridiculous pull out thing.

Happy to talk again.
    You are thinking of a different boat - The NC11 has a full fixed double berth forward

See here: https://www.jeanneau.com/en-gb/boats...llery-interior

White lighter I apologise. Your right. I was thinking of the NC33.

Quote Originally Posted by NDB View Post
    Hi NDB, this is a flybridge = a no, but thank you.

What about Rodman generally? Don't know anything about them - any thoughts? I've just had a look on TYM and can't see any non-flybridge types.

I seriously donít think you should discount these just because they have a fly bridge . Just because it has one does not mean you have to use it as one, in the photos they can be used as a pure sun deck instead then, on a lovely day if you wanted to use it you could. In my opinion itís better to have and not need than not have then want !!
    Rodmans are excellent boats with a superb reputation. They are generally better made than the normal beneteau/jenneau type of more common boats.

Returning to seakeeping, keeping our eye on the ball for Mrs Scala the whole raison d etre for this thread I would take a look at the Sunseeker camargue range .
    44 or 50 .
    The 50 has a formidable wave crushing reputation.
    Both shafts easy maintenance bills going forwards compared to aged VP outdrives .
    One buy not money sink hole intermediate stage .

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast