Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Re: Sail to power: coming to our senses

Hmmm same age. OK that's interesting.
    Graham. "Scala" now sold. Boatless.

Quote Originally Posted by Scala View Post
    Yes looks good Paul. Dealer-owned boat so might do a P/X. Anyway let's see.

I'm wondering if the boxy styling can be disguised a bit by wrapping the hard top. I've seen a couple of SC35s with a dark bronze finish to the upper works. Looks better IMHO.
    The bronze finish provided as an option fades badly.
    The styling is like Marmite ....love it or hate it. However it believe they have no major issues.
    The S380 should look like new. I expect it has some deprecation to lose.

Ok MartynG thanks. There might be a deal there. Styling... yes I agree. Also applies to the larger SC47 that I was looking at last year. There’s a family resemblance

OK so an interesting afternoon at Swanwick. Looked at a few boats and that has helped narrow the field down a bit. Conclusions I've come to:

- Lots of canvas work is a pain so open sportscruisers might well turn out not to be for us
    - Space and light is important
    - We won't get what we want in a 36' boat

1. A Princess V42 Mk2 and a newer Mk 3. These obviously were very similar, the Mk3 had a second heads and shower squeezed in using some magic trick, and has a tender garage. Both felt dark and enclosed below with limited views out of ports. The Mk2 had loads of canvas whereas the Nk3 was a hardtop. Both seemed to have taken the years rather badly, looking a bit tired, the older boat was better than the newer one for some reason. Not entirely ruled out but these examples a bit disappointing.

2. Bavaria 36 Coupe. 2017 boat. Quite like this coupe layout for UK boating with enclosed deck saloon and sliding glazed doors. Very small below, head was a wet room (no separate shower. Fitted a lot into a 36 footer but it's too small. Ruled out.

3. Bavaria Sport 40 Coupe. 2017 boat. Same coupe layout, I really liked this one, lots more space compared to the 36. Really good head and separate shower, aft cabin excellent. Electric hardtop. Definite contender if I can find one I can afford...

4. Bavaria Sport 40 HT, similar to the coupe but has canvas to enclose the deck saloon. Felt more open and spacious as a result. Also a contender.

5. Sealine S380. Liked the cockpit and driving position, lots of light in the saloon due to the massive overhead window. Bow cabin so short you can't easily shut the (split) door whilst standing in the cabin. This is a 38' boat of which 4' is swim platform so it's proven to be too small inside for us, so that's ruled out the SC35 as well.

All very interesting.

Sealine SC38 ? If you can find one.

Nice write up.

Have a peek at this https://www.yachtworld.co.uk/boats/2...dard%20listing

I would confirm the engine package as D4-260s are going to be the lowest spec for diesel and might struggle with such a well equipped version towards the end of the season with some fouling.

My boat weighs in at 9T and has D6-330s.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynG View Post
    Sealine SC38 ? If you can find one.
    SC38 has substantially more room around the forward berth.
    I did say SC35 was tight there

Quote Originally Posted by FlowerPower View Post
    ...I did say SC35 was tight there
    You did indeed...

A near miss for us I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Scala View Post
    OK so an interesting afternoon at Swanwick. Looked at a few boats and that has helped narrow the field down a bit. Conclusions I've come to:

- Lots of canvas work is a pain so open sportscruisers might well turn out not to be for us
    - Space and light is important
    - We won't get what we want in a 36' boat

1. A Princess V42 Mk2 and a newer Mk 3. These obviously were very similar, the Mk3 had a second heads and shower squeezed in using some magic trick, and has a tender garage. Both felt dark and enclosed below with limited views out of ports. The Mk2 had loads of canvas whereas the Nk3 was a hardtop. Both seemed to have taken the years rather badly, looking a bit tired, the older boat was better than the newer one for some reason. Not entirely ruled out but these examples a bit disappointing.

2. Bavaria 36 Coupe. 2017 boat. Quite like this coupe layout for UK boating with enclosed deck saloon and sliding glazed doors. Very small below, head was a wet room (no separate shower. Fitted a lot into a 36 footer but it's too small. Ruled out.

3. Bavaria Sport 40 Coupe. 2017 boat. Same coupe layout, I really liked this one, lots more space compared to the 36. Really good head and separate shower, aft cabin excellent. Electric hardtop. Definite contender if I can find one I can afford...

4. Bavaria Sport 40 HT, similar to the coupe but has canvas to enclose the deck saloon. Felt more open and spacious as a result. Also a contender.

5. Sealine S380. Liked the cockpit and driving position, lots of light in the saloon due to the massive overhead window. Bow cabin so short you can't easily shut the (split) door whilst standing in the cabin. This is a 38' boat of which 4' is swim platform so it's proven to be too small inside for us, so that's ruled out the SC35 as well.

All very interesting.
    The V42 I assume blue hull with clipper , been for sale a long time , not a tidy boat but these boats are solid quality , a cheeky bid might get it but have the machinery checked out , many reasons why on this model .
    The older Mark 2 is a nice one but silly money now for a canvas top boat .
    I’m not a Bav fan so won’t comment .

Good luck with the search , it’s a small market at the moment .

If your pockets can reach to a Targa 47 that’s where I’d go.

Skip the aged outdrive experience ps .
    This one skips VP altogether.
    https://www.theyachtmarket.com/boats_for_sale/1669959/

Gotta be worth trucking home after a long WE jolly to view ,the maths stack up .They do a 46 , and 50 as well .

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast