Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fowey moorings

Default Fowey moorings

I see Fowey has increased the price its visitors swing moorings again.
    By the time i pay for the mooring then two showers ashore that;s nearly £25, plus water taxis give it the same cost nearly as a marina in Falmouth.
    I'll keep missing that port now a crying shame as I know i did like to visit, especially during the week.

Default Re: Fowey moorings

Quote Originally Posted by robertj View Post
    I see Fowey has increased the price its visitors swing moorings again.
    By the time i pay for the mooring then two showers ashore that;s nearly £25, plus water taxis give it the same cost nearly as a marina in Falmouth.
    I'll keep missing that port now a crying shame as I know i did like to visit, especially during the week.
    Buy a tender to save the water taxis, and fit hot water and have showers on board?
    Mooring Price sounds quite reasonable for such a popular place on the South coast

Went there last summer, it was as far west as we got from Ipswich. We soon realised that it was worthwhile blowing up the dinghy to get ashore - no wonder the water taxi seemed to have so few customers !
    Andrew

How much are the water taxis from a nearby mooring to the quay?

£19 in R Yealm for us (33ft).

Fowey charge £20, unchanged from last year. Definitely blow up the dinghy.

Marina in Plymouth £38.88. All in last few days.
    Ever hopeful that the new landfall will be as good as the last one.

I haven't been there for maybe six years, when I think we paid something like £15. I find watching apparently fit people using water taxis very entertaining, though the taxi wash is often an irritation. the trouble is that there is possibly nothing to compare in all cruising with a fine evening on a Fowey mooring enjoying a drink while watching the late sun light up the houses on both sides. For this, I suppose we have to be prepared to fork out.
    Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere

I s'pose the harbour staff's pensions need to be funded....

Just spent a night there. £21 for the night, and dingied ashore. £7.70 for a pint of bitter and a pint of cider in the Galleon and a great Pizza for £9. £21 a night in the Helford and £8.40 a pint of each in the shipwrights and £13 for a small bland fish and chips. £35 a night in Pendennis marina and a half mile walk to Wetherspoons. £16.50 a night in Salcombe and £9.30 for a pint of each in the Ferry inn. In QAB Plymouth tonight, free berth in Marina as our home berth is an MDL marina (however, the years berthing is not cheap) and a short walk to the spoons. What you gain on one hand you lose with another.
    If voting changed anything, they wouldn't let you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laysula View Post
    Just spent a night there. £21 for the night, and dingied ashore. £7.70 for a pint of bitter and a pint of cider in the Galleon and a great Pizza for £9. £21 a night in the Helford and £8.40 a pint of each in the shipwrights and £13 for a small bland fish and chips. £35 a night in Pendennis marina and a half mile walk to Wetherspoons. £16.50 a night in Salcombe and £9.30 for a pint of each in the Ferry inn. In QAB Plymouth tonight, free berth in Marina as our home berth is an MDL marina (however, the years berthing is not cheap) and a short walk to the spoons. What you gain on one hand you lose with another.
    you didn't say how much a couple of pints in Falmouth's wetherspoons was?

salcombe had to do a rethink when the started to price themselves out of the market after people voted with their feet.
    Same as Sutton when they charged me £49 a night for a 10m boat, that bit them aswell!
    With luck fowey will come to their senses and reconsider their strategy.
    Its not packed s it was a few years ago.

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast