Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Small yacht on R Crouch

Dan, can you clarify whether you are talking about a yacht or a dinghy?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSister View Post
    Dan, can you clarify whether you are talking about a yacht or a dinghy?
    It had a cabin, so I suppose, technically a yacht, but about the size of a dinghy, about 14ft I guess. White tupperware, I would guess mid 70s vintage. There were loads of this type of boat built but this one caught my attention because it seemed to be sailing so well. I don't think it was a Micro-cupper, Gem type of thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tribe View Post
    It had a cabin, so I suppose, technically a yacht, but about the size of a dinghy, about 14ft I guess. White tupperware, I would guess mid 70s vintage. There were loads of this type of boat built but this one caught my attention because it seemed to be sailing so well. I don't think it was a Micro-cupper, Gem type of thing though.
    If it had a cabin and tupperware, it is not an Oxey Bird. 14 feet and a cabin ??? it must have been a little cabin
    I respect my elders, but I can't find many now

Quote Originally Posted by DavidofMersea View Post
    If it had a cabin and tupperware, it is not an Oxey Bird. 14 feet and a cabin ??? it must have been a little cabin
    I was guessing at 14ft, didn't have time to measure, but it was small, which prompted my interest in such a little boat going so well upwind. I was doing 7 knots downriver, she was doing [say] 3 knots up river, had little time to take notes.
    Not an Oxy Bird, I've never come across one of those. Time was when almost all saing clubs had their own one design, often built by local craftsmen. How different nowadays.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12