Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BMBS Swanwick

w.london - boat on solent- RIB on Tidal Thames

Default BMBS Swanwick

Hi All

I was a tad surprised that there is no thread or mention of this years BMBS held last month esp. as both London shows were scrapped.....

Even the newly arrived MB&Y mag has zero mention. Am I missing something here?

I was there as usual but thought it was a bit shy of forumites as I usually bump into several over the w/e also the MB&Y peeps were MIA. MB&Y was a supporter too.

Whilst I thought it was a good idea to make the whole affair larger by including non Brit boats it did seem a little like a Ryebrook Show.

Default Re: BMBS Swanwick

Hi Mike. I planned to rock up, but got stuck into some stuff on Rafiki that took longer than planned. Doesn’t it always?

Quote Originally Posted by rafiki_ View Post
    Hi Mike. I planned to rock up, but got stuck into some stuff on Rafiki that took longer than planned. Doesn’t it always?
    Paul

The lack of views and one reply says it all

MJF

Hi, we went on the Sunday morning on our way to Lymington, thought it was great. Lots of nice boats and a super relaxed atmosphere. We got to easily look around everything we wanted to. Didnít go last year so we were impressed with how it appears to have developed from our last visit.
    Bacon roll and tea in the cafe when we arrived were lovely, everyone from the marina/show/exhibitors was really friendly and happy .
    Opening it to non uk builders was a good move and made it much more interesting.
    It gets a good thumbs up from us.
    Andy

Just noticed I called it incorrectly. Should be BMYS

We went on the Saturday first thing, managed to see everything we planned to, Very relaxed event.
    Also went to the MDL event at Ocean Village as well, not quite as good we thought

Quote Originally Posted by Ian h View Post
    Also went to the MDL event at Ocean Village as well, not quite as good we thought
    Saw something that seemed to suggest you couldn't just turn up, had to register in advance or something, was that right?
    Ari

---------------------------------

If a man speaks in a forest, and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong..?

Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    Saw something that seemed to suggest you couldn't just turn up, had to register in advance or something, was that right?
    God knows but I got at least three invitations to attend and one thanks for attending after the event. (I didn't go)

Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    We registered in advance so it was free OR it was £5 per person on the day

Quote Originally Posted by Ian h View Post
    We registered in advance so it was free OR it was £5 per person on the day
    That’s incorrect, as I attended on the Friday with no advance registration and no charge was asked for, and I believe this was also the same for the Saturday and Sunday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast