Sail on the Medway, Kent from Chatham Maritime Marina

Default Owning a jet ski can be such fun. :D

Owning a jet ski can be such fun. It can also be a lot of fun for those who want to watch them at play.
    https://www.kentonline.co.uk/folkest...he-mud-205938/
    If my foresight was as good as my hindsight, I would be a multi-millionaire.

Default Re: Owning a jet ski can be such fun. :D

Schadenfreude
    Life is too short to drink bad wine.

I thought it was a Vito?

Did you happen to see the pair of speed/wake boats with a friend on a jetski performing on the Medway Saturday and Sunday last weekend?

They were still going at 9.30pm on Sunday night, hacking up and down the reach outside the Wilsonian's YC and MYC, they appeared to be fuelled by a mixture of cocaine and alcohol. I assume they got their tides wrong and couldn't recover the boats at the Strand.

I was so hoping for a missing persons plus speed boat x2 and x1 jetski report from Kent Online on Monday morning if I'm honest, particularly as the same boat tried to knock me off my paddle board with the wash deliberately on Saturday.

I'm toying with the idea of starting a rebellion against paying Peel Ports conservancy next year until they sort this out with some resources. It's not a difficult nut to crack, on any sunny weekend or bank holiday a quick trip to Gillingham reach with a rib would bring plenty of customers.

Reminds me of these shenanigans at the beach in Felixstowe last summer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-eng...seaside-rescue

Quote Originally Posted by xyachtdave View Post
    .........................I'm toying with the idea of starting a rebellion against paying Peel Ports conservancy next year until they sort this out with some resources. It's not a difficult nut to crack, on any sunny weekend or bank holiday a quick trip to Gillingham reach with a rib would bring plenty of customers.
    Excellent idea!
    Keep up to date with 'East Coast Pilot' at www.eastcoastpilot.com

Was it the same combo that was found tied up against Medway yacht clubs pontoon? The speed boat was holed and semi sunk. Great antics watching them recover it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesey69 View Post
    Was it the same combo that was found tied up against Medway yacht clubs pontoon? The speed boat was holed and semi sunk. Great antics watching them recover it.
    I believe they had a few issues on Monday recovering it.

It's astonishing they spend all weekend behaving like cretins towards everybody else afloat and then expect to tie up to our club pontoon for free and expect help sorting their self induced problems out!