Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Doing up a RYDS's 475GT and may have found a big issue.

Thanks for the replys guys, I will have a clean up today and access.
    I have only done one trip from Warsash to the Portsmouth Forts but everything seemed ok.
    I only initially removed the rear rubber fender to aid with a job and saw some cracking in places in the sealant so removed the complete rubber fender to take a look.
    If I hadn't removed the fender I wouldn't have seen the cracking in places anyway.
    Boat was built around 1990 and used by Chichester sailing club, then a private family bought it for there holiday boat and re-engined it in 2002 with a new Yam 70, the engine is still in great condition today and only has 187 run hours on it.

Looks like the rivets could be normal alley rivets as a magnet sticks to the pin?

I have had a cleanup and to be honest it doesn't look that bad.
    Most of the cracking of the adhesive is where the top and bottom section doesn't fully sit flat with each other in places and where the adhesive is hard and has no real flex it's cracked.
    I have die grindered the old adhesive out and I am going to run some adhesive/sealant back in there and put an extra rivet in the middle.

Do you guys recommend a hard glue again or something like Sikaflex?.
    I already have some Sikaflex 291 and 292.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12